App crashing [SOLVED]

(Sorry in advance for spelling errors) I dont know what type of info to add here or anything, but the app keeps crashing non stop. And at the most annoying times possible. Each time i go to make a journal on a pattern im testing, reply to a post and more it crashes. It has also been taking vary long to load anything and it getting anoying becasue right after is does load, it crashes 1-2 minutes after. Right after the most recent crash it gave me this pop up notification shown below

I dont think it is my side anymore. If anyone else if having problems with the app taking a longg time to load, or crashes often, can you please reply to this post!

4 Likes

this happens to me too. not on my laptop bc i don’t use the app but on my phone. it’s an old one that’s why i thought it was just mine. I will be in the middle of something and it shows that @Ribblr

3 Likes

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Not just a ribblr thing, sometimes stuff gets corrupted, I have had to do that one time. The other time I found out it was because ribblr and firefox don’t play well together. I have also seen folks that for some reason didn’t get an automatic update of the app and just needed to update

2 Likes

Escalated this to the tech team. They’ll be in touch with you via private messaging in case they have questions or need more info.

2 Likes

Ok thank you!

1 Like

This happens all the time to me as well

2 Likes

Yes have been trying to do journal for a few days and having no success

2 Likes

Yeah my app crashes alot too but i figured it was on my end?

2 Likes

Because this isn’t an issue we are aware of, we would really need more information from anyone who experienced this:

• Which operating system do you run and which version? (for example Android 11.1 or iOS 16.0)
    For your information we do not support Android versions lower than Android 6 and iOS version lower than 14.5, and the app is optimized for Android 12 and over or iOS 16 and over.

• If this happens only when you use Ribblr and not other apps, also let us know.

• Does this happen when you perform a specific task or just at random?

Lastly, please note it’s common for older Android phones to run out of storage, especially when using heavier tasks like some tasks on Ribblr, and run into problems which could cause apps to crash. Whilst this is beyond our control, we still want to look into and assist you as much as we can.
You can disregard this note if you use iOS.

Thank you again, and we apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with the Ribblr app.
As an alternative you can always use ribblr.com via any browser whilst we look into this for you.

2 Likes

Im using Android 13
It happens only on ribblr
And it usually happens while im in a pattern

2 Likes

Thank you! which phone do you use, how often does it crash and does it happen at random while you’re in a pattern or when you perform certain things?

2 Likes

I have a Samsung galaxy a13
It usually crashes every 5 or 6 minutes but sometimes theres a longer gap in between
Its usually every few minutes while in a pattern and it usually doesn’t happen while doing anything else

2 Likes

Thank you! Finally, can you check which Ribblr version you’re using? You can find this by going into the app settings on your Android phone and scrolling all the way down. For most phones you can long-click on the Ribblr logo then head over to settings or app info.

Also if you could share if this started recently or roughly when did it start.

2 Likes

It says version 1.56
This has been happening for about a week i think

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

We do apologize you are experiencing issues. From what you are describing it sounds like a bug on our end, and with your information we’ll hopefully be able to escalate and solve it sooner.
Please know that we have our engineers on this as a priority since this has been raised earlier today - we’ll keep you posted.

3 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully its an easy fix

2 Likes

I’m working on an iPad and for no reason it will freeze then close. I just had an experience where it just gave me a white screen when I tried to open it for like 5 min. Idk what it is. I usually just reopen it and go back to what I was doing.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your patience and the information provided.
An app update has now been submitted, reviewed and approved by Google and is now available for all our Android users. :tada:

Please look for an update which should upgrade your Ribblr version to 1.57. This should solve your issues!

To share a little more-
This issue has been prioritized and our tech team started reviewing it roughly 45 minutes after this topic was created.
It was first suspected to be a known Android bug which affects older devices that our app does not support.
However, as more information was provided by you, and particularly the prompt replies by @Saoirse78, our engineers were able to identify a bug on our end.

This bug affected a total of 384 Ribblrs who use our free Android app. While it is a very small percentage of our users we always strive to provide each Ribblr with an amazing crafting experience.

A lot of work goes on behind the scenes (7 days a week, in multiple time zones!) to make sure everything runs smoothly, but we are not perfect and we apologize for any inconvenience this bug has caused you.

Thanks again for reporting, and we hope this is now resolved to all Ribblrs. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks Ribblr!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad my info could help!!

4 Likes