art help?

hi everyone! so I just finished this drawing, and I think it looks pretty good! I’m trying to get better at my more stylized art. but I just feel like something is… missing (other than the background lol) any advice or just general tips?

20 Likes

beautiful! no tips, your style is your style!!

6 Likes

tyyyy (:

5 Likes

This is great! Remember that your style is your own and can be anything you wish. If you really want to get more “professional” (or just my advice lol) maybe practice proportions. It does look really great though, I’m impressed! Good job :+1:

6 Likes

tysm (:

3 Likes

I love it!!! If you were looking for any sort of critism, I would make the hands a little bigger to match the rest, but as others said, this art style is amazing!!! keep up the great work <3

6 Likes

It looks great! If you’re looking to expand I would highly recommend courses on anatomy/proportions as her hands look a little too small for her body. Additionally, I think some courses in shading could be beneficial as some areas look a bit flat and lacking a bit of three dimensional shape, but this may just be your stylistic choice. You’d be surprised how much shading effects the overall feel of a piece and how it can really make it “pop”. A tip that I regularly utilize would be to frequently flip the canvas as this will help you notice areas that look a little ‘odd’. Experiment and see what works and what doesn’t. Have fun on your art journey!

5 Likes

OMG THATS SO GOOD ANNCJDNDMXM
idk anything bout drawing so i have no tips but it looks good to me​:+1:

2 Likes

thanks everyone! (:

Thank you (:

1 Like

it’s so cute, I luv your style! Idk how swords backpack thingies work lol, but maybe add some indication that the sword is attached to the character? It doesn’t have to be big, like maybe a strap, but i think that would help the sword and character look a little more connected

2 Likes

yes!!! i cant believe i forgot a strap :sob:

1 Like

This looks great! As everyone pointed out maybe make the hands bigger (you can keep the style but the hands just look off to me) and the sword looks a little awkward to me. It’s just attached to the back in a weird position with no clear way of how it’s attached. If you attach something, show something like a strap to show it’s being held! That’s all!

1 Like

I feel like it looks amazing already!!

1 Like

Tyyy : D

1 Like