Beginner to Amigurumi Crochet

Any tips for someone starting out in crochet and wanting to do Amigurumi? I have chronic illness and my hands shake a lot. Frustration can sometimes be high but usually I can work it out. I have a friend who is going to start crocheting again with me. Just looking for tips due to my hands shaking and ideas to navigate this.

I was going to try a Woobles crochet kit, I’ve been seeing reviews and it seems they are helpful. I do have hooks, yarn, and such already. I was thinking of getting more markers for the patterns, my friend says they are helpful for beginners. I have access to Creativebug as well!

Just any tips would be helpful.

Kitty

6 Likes

One suggestion that I have is to get ergonomic crochet hooks. That may help with your grip and make crocheting more comfortable for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I think a crochet ring might be helpful, theyre just fancy rings made to hold the working yarn, because sometimes the yarn might get tangled and try to suffocate your fingers​:joy:

3 Likes

Ohhhh I havent heard of these! Thank you.

3 Likes

The Woobles are amazing! I learned with their kits about a year ago. There are step by step videos that are super easy to follow, using contrasting colors and super slow movement to show new techniques and stitches.

3 Likes