Behold...SOCKS!!!

Behold my first pair of knitted socks

Some of you may recall me struggling with understanding basic knitting concepts but
 HA!!! (Thank you MakesbyMalin. :two_hearts:)

Credit to crazy sock lady on youtube for the tutorial and the paid pattern off etsy. I uh
ignore the purled round lol
I didn’t know that stockinette is acquired by knitting in the round and not alternating like with straight needles

I ended up leaving it like that for “aesthetic” reasons but I really just messed it up lol

25 Likes

I can’t tell what’s wrong with it. Looks good to me!

4 Likes

Thank you!

Hint: the purl round is right under the cuff so it can “pass” as an aesthetic choice LOL

4 Likes

I love the colors in that yarn! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so cute

4 Likes

Thanks!

The color is ‘AWOOGA’ by The SheepyShire

3 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats! They look great!!

3 Likes

They looks amazing! I love the colors as well :smile:

2 Likes

I love the colors! What yarn did you use? It’s so pretty

2 Likes

They turned out really great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good job!
Btw, did you figure out what the problem was? I’m curious, haha :blush:

1 Like

They look so good :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah >,<;;
It turns out that instead of slip, knit for a row and purling across the next row for the heel flap I was doing a slip on the purl row too (as well as the slip, knit rows)
it made it too chunky and squished together.

Another issue was that I was pulling the needles too far apart. The “line” that develops in the slip stitch ended up being too long and loose. I had to look at several hours of videos to figure out what my mistake was
there wasn’t much to go on for this specific problem I had.

1 Like

The color is ‘AWOOGA’ by The SheepyShire!
I picked it for the name and because it reminded me of a DND party member
I ended up gifting her the pair

1 Like

Ah, ok! Thanks :slight_smile: It’s great that you figured it all out in the end and got such a great result :smiling_face:

1 Like

Love the colors

1 Like

That’s great! Nice work! I’ve been knitting over a decade and I still haven’t made the foray into sock knitting.

1 Like