Best lotion for fiber artists?

Is there a super lotion for us fiber artists? I had some a long time ago. It came in a tube and lasted forever, but I can’t remember the name of it anymore.

So I’m looking for something fantastic! My hands are getting too dry, even with my regular lotion and drinking more water.

What are your suggestions? The more affordable the better. Thank you in advance! :slightly_smiling_face::sparkles:

2 Likes

My favorite is Nivea in the white pot (soft I think?) for regular use and the original blue pot for extra need. And sometimes I use jergens beauty cream and gloves over night for extra healing. These are all as close to old fashioned natural cold cream as you are going to get. I have to be careful because of my psoriasis and allergies, and all of these do well.

3 Likes

You said tube, was it Satin something from Avon?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, it was part of a gift set my friend gave me. This lotion, a crochet stitch book, and some new hooks and yarn. It was a great gift! All I can remember is that it was a silver tube with a white label. :joy: I bet that helps.

I’ll try some Nivea maybe. My hands are just soooo dry!

2 Likes

I have painfully dry skin, always have, and have “emergency” lotion everywhere. I could slather on a pound of pure lard and be dry again in a few hours. Nivea is by far my favorite. I have been using a new one in a purple package… Nivea simply soft, not as thick as the white pot but it does pretty well for body.

3 Likes

Did it look like this?

I use Ponds Cold Cream extensively. Skin is moist for several hours after application. I put it on thinly, don’t wipe off!

2 Likes

I use this one, it’s thick and a little goes a long way. Lasts forever too, it doesn’t dry out if you don’t use it up in 3 months. No scent, no stickiness, no feeling like you dunked your hands into a vat of vaseline. I probably have a tube in every room of the house…

3 Likes

No, that wasn’t quite it @anoswaldoddity. I’ve got several options now at least! Yay, 🫶🏼

2 Likes

I have been using Curel Fragrance free for 20 years. I worked in a building where all the fragrances would bother me. This is the only kind I’ll use now. Have one bottle by my chair and another in the bathroom.

3 Likes

I have major dermatology issues and have yet to be able to use any over the counter lotions. I’ve had them since 2004. So it is hit and miss what soaps, lotions etc can touch my skin. Even a Stanford University dermatology professor is a little stumped by how over sensitive my skin is

3 Likes

I use Udderly Smooth for lotion while crafting because my Mom always uses it for cross stitching to not leave any residue on the cross stitch.

3 Likes