Best way to leave notes testing?

Hi! This is my first time testing using Ribblr, I usually test patterns on PDF where I am able to add comments as little sticky notes. Is there anything like that on here? What’s your favorite way to leave edits?

7 Likes

Hello! I’ve found that the easiest way to leave notes on your progress/any critiques you have is to create a Ribblr journal! When viewing the pattern, you can tap the book at the bottom for access to it! From there, you can mark out the steps of the pattern as you get done with it, and make any entries of notes that you deem necessary!! Good luck on your testing!!:blush:

7 Likes

Ditto. Basically, what i came here to say.

5 Likes

I’ll try it out, thank you!

5 Likes

Having been on both sides of testing now I gotta agree the journal is really awesome. For progress tracking, and notes, and photos.

7 Likes

I do like the idea of journals, but if it’s a paid pattern, the journal shows the process, in part anyway. I quit doing it that way because of that. Maybe @Ribblr could make a “testing journal”?

5 Likes

I would love a format where I could leave notes directly on each step instead of having to remember and write down where it happened.

4 Likes

Maybe like a shared private doodle mode or something? Hmmm :thinking:

5 Likes

I would avoid putting the notes in journal because if it’s something bad, then that will stay there even when the pattern releases and after its fixed

I usually make a screenshot and mark stuff if find an issue, then send it in the chat with other testers including feedback/what’s wrong

5 Likes

Yes!!! This exactly! I’ve had a hard time on some of them. I was taking screenshots and trying to edit, but I was confusing myself. Finally, last night I committed to it. Screenshot, straight to edit, and circled the things I wanted to make notes of. I uploaded each one in a message to the designers, wrote my notes right under the picture, and then sent it off.

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one struggling with this! For the test I did, I ended up writing a separate note in my notes app that I would describe what it was and where it went. But I would love to see a future option where you can mark it as you go and it can be seen just by the designer

5 Likes

Yes, it’s so needed. At one point, I pulled out a notebook and started writing notes. I’ve tried a couple times just doing the doodling option in ribblr, but honestly, for me, it sucked.

6 Likes