Best Yarn For Crochet PLUSHIES

Hey Guys Im new here on Ribblr.
I started crocheting about a year ago. At first i made sweaters and Bags, but recently ive been interested in making plushies. I even thought of starting a business, not now, but soon. So i was wondering if all you pro crocheters could tell me what is the best yarn to make amigurumi plushies??

Help Me Please GIF by Churacos Malaysia

15 Likes

chrome_Az8byX7awr
These 2 are my favorite for plushies :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oohh thankyou

7 Likes

My personal favourites are james c brett flutterby chunky and king cole yummy. : )

6 Likes

it really depends! i would advice looking at some amigurimi on like pinterest and seeing what look you like- for example some people like to use chunky yarn but others like to use like that’s smaller yarn- i prefer chunky and i have some bernat blanket yarn and im starting to use parfait chunky yarn too! i love the parfait but it can be a learning curve with it haha and jt can get messy!! so excited for you though! i’ve only been crocheting a year tho so i’m not a pro haha

9 Likes

maybe blanket yarn or normal worsted weight. those are the two i like using. (I started crocheting a more than a year ago.

4 Likes

I use Marriner yarn it is really cheap I can send you the link if you want it. : )

6 Likes

It depends what you are looking for.
I use chenille yarns for bigger projects and cotton for more fine detail work. It depends what look you are wishing to achieve and for what purpose. Eg octos for premature babies should be cotton, while kids like the chenille stuff better when selling.

6 Likes

Any amigurumi I’ve made in the past have been made using acrylic yarns. I think, probably, most of the time just regular ol’ red heart super saver. If i remember correctly, I’ve made one or two with a light weight cotton.

6 Likes

Omg yess please do tysm

5 Likes

kk brb

3 Likes

Here is the link. Hope this helps i
Marriner!!! Good Cheap Yarn

4 Likes

Mariner only ship to UK?

3 Likes

I think so but they might be on amazon. But if they have family that live in the UK they could get them to order it and then send it to them.

5 Likes

That is true because some plush yarn looks weird after it has been frogged and it might shed

4 Likes

Thanks so much for this link! Ive seen them on amazon but shipping was pretty expensive so i didnt get any. Quick question though, is the shipping free and do they ship to the uk?

5 Likes

If you have orders over £25 it is free on the marriner website but if less than £25 it is £2.95. Do you want me to send the marriner link?

5 Likes

Its ok i found the one you sent in the chat earlier thanks tho : )

5 Likes

Ok I hope you find a yarn you like and also if you do end up buying marriner yarn on IG you could use the hashtag #MadewithMarrinersMonday to win a £5 voucher. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Blanket yarn. Made the mistake of buying a bunch of velvet yarn and the plush is kinda too thin to look cute even using the perfect hook for it or one that’s too big and one that’s too small it still has too many holes and looks kinda weird.

1 Like