Blisters?

I’m still pretty new to crocheting (only learning about 5 months ago) and Ive noticed some blisters on my fingers where i usually hold my hook and my yarn. Have any of y’all experienced this as well? Any remedies besides a lot of lotion?:joy:

9 Likes

I have never heard of crochet related blisters!

5 Likes

My finger does get soars when my hook rubs against my finger. I don’t really deal with it, I just put tape on it, but it just falls off. I would say put a bandage on it, so it doesn’t rub on your fingers when crocheting.

7 Likes

I just started crocheting again with smaller hooks and thinner yarn and have gotten really bad blisters. I’d suggest if your able to use blanket yarn and a bigger hook and it’ll be a lot better

6 Likes

Its likely from rubbing from the hook. I would try different handles to avoid this. Some yarns can cause this friction too and a tension ring can be used.
Hope this helps

8 Likes

Me neither. That’s crazy.

4 Likes

Hmmm…that’s true. Maybe it’s the yarn your using.

5 Likes

I guess me and you are built different :joy:

3 Likes

It could be that you need a break from crocheting too. Do you do it a lot? It can cauae stress to you hands to do repeated motions for long periods of time.

It could also be worth testing new yarns (do you use one specific brand or fiber? Try something new that could help) sometimes trying a new hook might help as well, like an ergonomic or straight.

7 Likes