Blue Moon Pillow

Has anybody had any success with this pattern?
It starts off with ch2, 9 dc in MR, join in dc
??
then following instructions are conflicting between going in rounds or rows.

12 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio

Just gonna like with a heart? No help? :crazy_face:

8 Likes

:crazy_face: I went off to get the pattern and look at it :wink:

7 Likes

Ok so I checked it out and it looks like it’s worked in the round so take the instructions and do that : ) Like when it says across, it actually means around :blush:
Hope this helps! :grin:

11 Likes

I agree.

7 Likes

Thanks ladies
@HookedByMarilyn
@NoKittenAroundStudio

I’ll try it, let you know.

7 Likes

I’ve never heard of it but just purchased so when I start it, I’ll let you know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Did you look at round 3 onwards? It states 2 DC in chain across, if I do that I end up with 36 dc and not the 23??
Round 4 supposed to end up with 27.

@EllationsCreations It’s a free pattern, hopefully you didn’t buy it!

7 Likes

Looks like the designer made a strong start making a presence on social media in 2021 but then disappeared- so no help there.

7 Likes

@anoswaldoddity This might help with further clarification :blush:
(Also sorry it changed pen color thingie, it wouldn’t let me write at a certain point so I went out of it and then finished so it looks a little wonky, but I think you’ll get the gist :wink:)

The chains at the beginning are your beginning chains, not meant to crochet into :+1:

10 Likes

Yes, i know to think of each chain as a stitch. Look at the stitch count tho.
2 dc in each st equals 36 on the next round.

6 Likes

I downloaded out of curiosity bc for some reason I love trying to figure this stuff out…although it generally ends with me just increasing or decreasing to fit my own needs despite what it says :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I guess I’m not the best at pattern-following when I’m not just testing a pattern :grimacing:

7 Likes

Chains in beginning are to be skipped, I got that.

7 Likes

It should be 36, that would be an error on the pattern designer’s side, the math adds up to that : ) So you are correct! :grin:

7 Likes

Yea! I like figuring it out too.

6 Likes

The wrong stitch count is repeated so I have no way of checking to see if I’m progressing correctly.

5 Likes

You would follow the pattern and your stitch count would be now based on the 36 stitch count you currently have : )

5 Likes

So you’re saying repeat 2dc in each stitch till the stitch count is 90- then I’ll have a half moon?

5 Likes

Nope, I’m not going to spend 1-3 hours on this to find out that increasing by 6 stitches each round x 10 rows will turn into a half moon. I just don’t see it in my mind’s eye.
Found a pattern for half moon elsewhere.
Thanks for trying tho!

7 Likes

Found this… :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :blush:

6 Likes