Can you get rid of this?

The overlay bar at the bottom blocks me seeing what size hook a project needs before purchasing it.
I like to check materials needed before I purchase a pattern so I know I can use alternative yarns that fit the hook size for projects.
Tia for any help.

7 Likes

Does it not go away by scrolling up or down like the other floaty things? What about the gray arrows in the corner? Rotating screen?
In really just tossing things out there cause Iā€™m always having to just figure out workarounds for all the little glitches

6 Likes

I like to check materials needed before buying pattern.
Opportunity to rant about my pet peeve. Yards/meters of yarn not provided.

5 Likes

Do you use a phone or computer when using Ribblr?

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t go away when scrolling. They little arrows are to tell you you can open the image and not actually on the menu(I went to check excited this was maybe it)
I donā€™t use screen rotate but it does seem to let me see that way. I wouldnā€™t be willing to turn screen rotate on and off for every single pattern I want to check cause it Pā€™s me off using screen rotate or landscape mode but good to know if I really, really want to use he pattern I can check this way.

5 Likes

On my phone only, I donā€™t have a computer

5 Likes

Ngl I am one that doesnt put this. Iā€™d have to frog the piece and measure the yards but I try to include how many balls of the yarn I use if more than one so people have an estimate.
Iā€™m sorry to be one that doesnā€™t include yardage/metreage though.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s strange, mine disappears I wonder if this is a little bug for certain phones?

5 Likes

Maybe just a little glitch I have then.

5 Likes

How will one know how many meters/yards in each ball tho?

4 Likes

The only other thing could be that they donā€™t have the hooks written so thatā€™s why it doesnā€™t bother showing it, does it do this for all patterns even with hooks? Which pattern is it if you donā€™t mind me checking

3 Likes

Does it not say on the band the total amount?

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a bunch, but it says hooks then I canā€™t see the number under. Some patterns include other materials and that pushes the hook info up so I can see. Below are examples

5 Likes

@Ribblr is this just a little glitch you could look into please?

4 Likes

Do you share the label of the yarn with your patterns? Since you share number of balls and not length ( yards/meters).

3 Likes

Seems like this is a device-based glitch. Our team are on it! Should be fixed for you @GotenkslovesmeCraft within a few hours.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed:

5 Likes

I try to include the exact yarn I use for people to copy or look up like for like. A lot of the yarn I get is seasonal so I sadly canā€™t just link to buying. I donā€™t think ribblr has a bit yo attach photos to materials though. Have I got that wrong?

I reckon Iā€™d try to include grams used of the yarn at least if I done clothing or chargeable patterns.

4 Likes