Canada Day Pattern Sale

Hi everyone!

For anyone who doesn’t know me, my name is Summer and I am a Canadian amigurumi designer. :smiling_face: :canada:

Canada Day is on July 1st and I decided to discount my patterns to 50% off from today until July 4th.

Enjoy!

10 Likes

Thank you so much from a fellow Canadian! :grinning: :canada:

4 Likes

Happy Canada Day everyone!! :canada:
@summerbugcrafts Have you ever been to the parade in Ottawa for Canada Day? Once when I was little we were up in Canada for Canada Day and we went to the big Ottawa parade, it was PACKED. (For anyone who doesn’t know Ottawa is the capital of Canada) It was quite hot out but it was really nice! Whenever we go up there we make it a point to visit family so that’s always another big highlight of our trips there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (my dad’s Canadian, he grew up in Eastern Ontario so Canada’s like a second home-country to me, my brother and I finally got our dual citizenship recently :two_hearts:)
I’ll definitely take a look at the patterns in your shop!! Thank you for the deal! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I live in Manitoba and have never been to Ottawa for July 1, but when I was in the school band we were in the July 1 parade in Winnipeg, the capital city of Manitoba. It was very hot that day but we had fun! :blush:

4 Likes

Amazing! :slight_smile: I’ve actually never been to the Ottawa Canada Day parade! I grew up rurally in the middle of Toronto and Ottawa and we always had a huge all day long festival (like something you’d see in Gilmore Girls) and an amazing fireworks show after! :fireworks:

4 Likes

@Lakeviewknitter That’s so nice! What instrument do you/did you play?

@summerbugcrafts That’s great! You must’ve had such a nice time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That’s awesome! If I can be honest, I’ve never even been outside of Ontario. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

I played the clarinet, but because I have excellent timing I was chosen to be in front of the band with the baton keeping the band in time. :blush:

3 Likes

You were a drum major? That’s so cool! :smiley: I have a friend who is one!

3 Likes

My mom’s from Saskatchewan so I go there all the time. I’ve also been to Alberta and British Columbia a few times. The furthest east I’ve been, however, is Kenora, Ontario.

4 Likes

Yes. I never had a problem keeping time and the band teacher asked me and of course I said yes! :grinning:

3 Likes

I have family who live up there! They’re all basically spread across Canada :joy::maple_leaf::canada:

3 Likes

We have tryouts for this at my school I believe! :relaxed: That’s so sweet! Did you enjoy it?

3 Likes

It was fun. But I was lead clarinet, so I did have to give that up.

3 Likes

That’s sad, that’s the reason I’m conflicted about trying out for drum major :disappointed:

3 Likes

Basically, which would you like to do more, list pros and cons for each choice, maybe? :blush:

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll do that! I’ll probably end up sticking with the flute (no pun intended)

3 Likes

Thank you!
Happy Canada Day! I’ll never forget the day as a small child when I visited Niagara Falls in a boat. For someone who was profoundly hard of hearing from birth I LOVED the rumble of the falls.

4 Likes