Career in Fibre Arts

This is so random but who else dreams of a career in Fibre Art ?

16 Likes

Hi, I do too, but I initially learned how to sew, then crochet, then knit. I love crafting with fibres, but wish more to have a career in design and sewing rather than crochet or knitting

10 Likes

Honestly a career with any arts and craft, I love practically every craft! Also @avarose456 I hope you can achieve it! Along with @stichedbysisters and everyone in their dreams and wishes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Thx​:face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

When I first went to the Ai(D), I wanted to be a fashion designer, while there, I fell in love with interior design. Then life sort of happened and I needed money, so I went for my LPN and HATED it, and ended up a Cosmetologist thinking I would be a MUA but it turned out Hair was my calling and I ended up with a very fulfilling 31 year career at it.
My dearest and oldest friend went to Musicians Institute, ended up going into the military and being trained as a mechanic. Used that to go to law school and HATED it, and he ended up having a 30 year career in teaching that he loved.
I guess that was my rambling way of saying that things sort of work out and you’ll end up where you should be…even if it wasn’t where you were headed.

7 Likes

Ohh which Art Institute did you attend? (Where’s D?) I attended AiP (Pittsburgh) and AiW (Washington DC) and received my BFA in Interior Design… But life also threw me a loop and my chronic illnesses have caused me to be unable to work, so I’ve been a SAH since less than a year after graduating…

6 Likes

Dallas, I did not have the funds to finish

7 Likes

I still have massive student loans :woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

I had a scholarship for the first year, and worked to earn money for the second year but trying to work and study and get enough money saved was just too much and student loans were not like they are now

7 Likes

Ahem… Yes

5 Likes

Tysm I hope u do too :smiling_face:

5 Likes

maybe. once im older i might sell my patterns.

5 Likes

I do! But I just really want to be able to sell my makes at markets across the United States as I travel and see new places before I die. :relaxed:

6 Likes

I can see why you hated LPN. I went to RN school but really, didn’t like it in general, went to Nurse Practitioner college ( post masters degree) and while it stretched me till I almost snapped I loved being a mental health NP for the veterans.,

6 Likes