Center pull or unravel

So I’m making a sweater and I’m trying to phase out of center pulls but this skein didn’t have any on the outside so I did the center pull and now it’s so knotted! :smiling_face_with_tear: do you guys unravel or do center pulls?

10 Likes

I always do center pulls, if here’s none I just grab from the middle and un knot everything lol

7 Likes

Center Pull!!!

4 Likes

Center pull

3 Likes

90% of the time it’s a center pull unless I’m already cranky and don’t want to fight the yarn barf.

4 Likes

To be honest, I always center pull. But the yarn running around is way more annoying than unraveling knots. So, you should ask yourself which one is more annoying for you. It sounds like unraveling knots is more annoying for you, so maybe you should phase out of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tend to unravel my yarn while crocheting. I have tried using center pulls, but once I ended up with a knotted yarn like yours, I lost my trust in this method. Even though unraveling is a repetitive process, I have been doing it since I taught myself to crochet, so I thought it was normal. I didn’t realize that many people use and prefer the center pull method.:relieved:

3 Likes

Always unravel. I hate when I center pull and I use up like half the yarn so my skein is like droopy and like falls apart and just becomes a bigger mess.

3 Likes

I started out with it just spinning all over the floor pulling from the outside.
If I cake it myself, I’ll use a center pull.
That yarn barf, after a hot minute, I cut it off and move on. I want to crochet not get hot under the collar fighting with yarn barf.

1 Like

I splurge too much on yarn to just cut the yarn barf, i have to find center yarn, and pull. But if there is no center, then i cake it.

2 Likes

For the most part, i cemter pull

2 Likes

I mostly use center pull and if I’m done with a project and I end up with a droopy ball I’ll either hand wind it into a nice round ball so I can use it from a yarn bowl (to avoid that whole it escaped and has now travelled across 3 rooms)
or if there’s still quite a bit left I’ll turn it into a cake with a pretty cheap winder that works fine for my purposes so I have a new center pull cake.

Edit: I mostly use the center pull because I also like to craft on the go and I found that unravelling leads to the yarn just tangling with everything in my bag :rofl:

3 Likes

Either i center pill or if i cant find it i use my yarn ball winder to make a new ball with a center pull. Yarn ball winded yarn usually has not wired knots in it

2 Likes

I won!!!

5 Likes

What did you win? The biggest yarn barf?
Cat GIF by happydog

1 Like

I feel your Pain :smiling_face_with_tear: . I‘m currently working on a arm warmer and I use two strand of yarn at the same time. The one ball was so knotted and I had to pull out nearly everything from the center and un knot it for an hour. The other yarn strand would pull out perfectly. Every Yarn ball has a different personality I guess

2 Likes

Exactly!:crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like