Challange Time!

Ok So I saw @ JZsketch make a post of them trying to make a dent in their crochet stash. Let’s all just be honest and admit that we have an unhealthy amount of yarn :laughing:

So I have decided to make this a challange for myself or anyone who wanted to chime in I guess. I am going to see how long I can go without visiting the craft store for more yarn and use what I have for all projects.

Current Projects

• Mothers day bouqet
  • Checker Tote Bag
  • Baby chick
  • Catus space buns
  • Blankets for shelter animals

I will post pics of the things I manage to make! Just wanted to share my little idea :heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

20 Likes

Oh yeah! I like this idea! I definitely need someone to for lack of a better way to say it " hold me accountable". I have way more than I need at this point.

10 Likes

Sure I am going to do this. I don’t have as much of yarn as other people have but I have 1 bin! Will post projects.

11 Likes

I know! My roomate came into my room as I was reorganising all my yarn by weight and brand (I had been at this for 4 hours) and she ask me if I was having a mental breakdown! She said I lost my mind with all the yarn :yum:

10 Likes

Can’t wait to see it!

6 Likes

Thanks, I am working on testing projects

7 Likes

I am currently doing a scrapghan (again) to help deplete my stash… So far I’ve made 9 squares, I’ll be making a total of 56… I’m following a free CAL that releases a square every 3 weeks and you make 4 of each… Once I get pictures of the first 3 designs (12 squares) I’ll update, but here’s my plan with square 1 already filled in (I’m switching the pink in the top row with the navy in the bottom though)

11 Likes

This is such a clever idea! I could do that and give it to my grandpa!

P.S Please update us when you get the three designs :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

I will totally join but what if we need colors for orders?! Like i need light and dark green blanket yarn for a dino so i might have th=o cheat but I definitely have too much yarn

7 Likes

@TayCrochetss That is a realty good point! For commissions if we don’t have the color needed I guess it would make sense to go to the store. BUT if you want I can see if there is any yarn in my stash you want and I can just send it over??? Just send me a private message if you are interested and ill see what I have

The most common brands I have right now are:

• Yarn Bee
  • Big Twist
  • Bernat
6 Likes

I only have a small bin of yarn that my mum (who is a yarn hoarder (I think that’s the word) and a comoulsive project starter who ALWAYS has at least 3 ongoing things (one embroidery, one knitting and one crochet, but usually more)) gifted me yesterday, but it still should cover me from going to the store to buy more for at least a month.

And the only project I have ongoing is this tote bag that I am knitting in granny squares with a diagonal line. I started it yesterday with the yarn my mum gave me.

pic of me knitting the first square and showing the yarns I’ll use

11 Likes

That looks really good btw! I just recently got my mom hooked on crochet. (Pun intended) I know it is going to look so cutee :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Thank you for the offer but I don’t know if my parents would be ok with me sharing our address or shipping information. You are very kind but I got it covered! :wink:

6 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry I thought you might have a P.O box! Let me know if you ever do need any because my pile has taken over my room :joy:

5 Likes

hahshsh you are funny, and thanks!!!

6 Likes

I love bernat yarn but it’s expensive in my area​:sob:

7 Likes

Where I live its 9-12 for one but i think that’s ok if you get them on sale

5 Likes

Ahh good luck!!

5 Likes

Yeah I guess it’s just I use it up very quickly. But I bought a new one for $5 on sale! It’s a purple mix

4 Likes

I have a lot of projects I need to do and I don’t want to buy any more yarn until the end of May so I’ll totally join. I have 4 projects I need to finish by Saturday and 15 smaller projects (as of now) that I want to finish by mid-May. Does anyone else put way too much crochet stuff on their plate and then buy more yarn to make up for it?

6 Likes