chart questions

Hey guys, just a few questions/suggestions with the charts:

• when I generate a pdf of my patterns now the chart visual isnā€™t coming up on the pdf - just a #chart text, no image of the chart. It was a few weeks ago, not sure whatā€™s changed? I want to be able to view a static image of the chart outside Ribblr for my own reference.

• speaking of the pdf chart, I know when you hover over a symbol it shows the abbreviation. I know itā€™s probably nitpicking - but I would LOVE it if there was also a displayed chart key on the PDF - so a list of the symbols and what they mean without having to hover the mouse over them. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t know what the symbols mean, I just like chart keys.

• wondering if there is an option to download just the chart and the chart key as a pdf or jpg? Even if itā€™s only for designers to be able to do this? Your tunisian chart software is literally the best out there for me and (Iā€™m not sure how you feel about this) but I really want to drop these charts into my pdf patterns that I sell on other platforms - without having to do a dodgy recreation for them on excel or the other dodgy software around. Not sure if youā€™ve considered this - Iā€™m actually happy to pay for the privilege of doing this, whether itā€™s an annual fee or a pay per download.

• Iā€™ve had a couple of occasions where I have accidentally deleted a chart. Itā€™s really easy to do! So while in Ribbuild to get to the chart you click on the 3 dots (only) and it opens up the chart, right? I have on a couple of occasions clicked on the 3 dots and then selected the chart button straight away (Iā€™ve already made the chart by this point, Iā€™m just going to have a look at it). When you do this, you get a pop up saying something like ā€˜do you want to saveā€™ and if you select NO, when the chart opens up, it comes up blank!! I know this is my error, just thought I would flag it with you.

2 Likes

Hi Abbey,
Weā€™d love to help.

Thanks for reporting. Weā€™re looking into it!

Thatā€™s something we can look into, but it is rather complicated for the time being.
Once the issue reported above is fixed, youā€™ll be able to export a PDF with the chart(s) included and at the moment itā€™s completely free!

Thatā€™s part of our future plans :slight_smile:

Just to confirm - is it also not available in your list of charts anymore, too?

Thank you for all the feedback! As always - we noted it all. If you have any other questions/suggestions feel free to share it below. Merry Christmas! :santa:

1 Like

Itā€™s still there as a saved chart with the name of it, but the chart itself is blank.

Thanks for the response!

1 Like

Hey Abbey!
Not working on this one personally but I can confirm a fix for these issues will hopefully be released next week :blush:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Saar

1 Like