Checking in....

Well,

I came down sick with one of those horrible head pounding super icky and incredibly snotty-coughing-sneezing uber gross colds that force you to lay in bed alternating between doses of Nyquil and Top Ramen Soup while binge watching “My 600 pound Life” for no other reason than it doesn’t really require too much concentration …

When hubs walked in and said “ya better get well quick, we move to New Mexico on Saturday”.

Okay.

Here’s what really goes on in my world:

Hubs builds zoo and aquarium exhibits, as well as other specialty concrete structures…

and it seems Albuquerque needs a new aquarium.

Or more precisely:
someone who knows how to bend steel.

Years ago, I had a choice: stay in one location, and HE travels from job site to job site, or go with him.

I chose to go with, and have never regretted it.

That does mean I live in hotels or corporate housing and move at the drop of the hat.

I dragged myself from bed, made a strong cuppa, and am now half packed.

Almost over this cold too…just got the cough and the last bits to deal with. Crochet is all packed up, my little studio completely shut down…Boyz gave notice at their jobs and we get the trailer tonight.

Saturday morning we’re off…

From Salt Lake City, Utah to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I’ve moved 23 times in 10 years.
I have no clue where I’ll be next year or even 6 months from now.

Yeah…
It’s a different way to live.

I like it.
There’s an incredible freedom in it.

See ya all in New Mexico.

Pic: hubs and I in front of rockwork he built 20 years ago at the Portland Zoo.

13 Likes

7 Likes

my cousin lives there

5 Likes

I can read between the lines and see that you and your husband have a special bond. Enjoy it fully while you can love.

4 Likes

I hope you’ll feel better soon :heart: Lots of good luck with the moving :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::blush:

4 Likes

What an exciting life. I love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Keep us updated.

5 Likes