Chenille yarn issues

Does anyone else struggle when it comes to magic rings/circles and chenille yarn?
Most of the time I can’t pull it shut.

Any suggestions? Solution?

12 Likes

Yeah it’s annoying lol. What I do is make all my stitches fairly loose and I also slowly and gently pull it closed as I go (usually halfway through).

5 Likes

Ok I will try it. Im actually trying to start testing your octo pattern currently.
I usually chain and add a slip stitch, but with 8 stitches it leaves a big hole :sob:

8 Likes

Ya I used to do the chain tech ique but it’s hard to make it look as good :sweat_smile:.

7 Likes

I just ch 2 and do the amt of sc in the 2nd ch from hook!

8 Likes

You can also sew gaps shut, that’s what I usually do when there’s a tinyyyy hole left

5 Likes

Another thing is to keep the part you need to pull straight. If it gets twisted inside your stitches, it won’t pull closed well. I have broken many a chenille string trying to close magic rings lol. But between keeping it straight and keeping the stitches a bit loose, I’ve been having a much easier time of it lately.

5 Likes

True….

5 Likes

Ok thx

4 Likes

I make a magic ring with a worsted yarn and crochet the chenille yarn into it

4 Likes

I create my slip knot in a way that it acts like a magic ring, and then chain 2 and add my stitches into the 2nd chain from the hook. The way I make my slip knot, I can tighten the circle like a magic ring if needed.

The tail is on the left and the skein is on the right, and I wrap it around my finger to create two loops on the finger

I then take the loop on the left and lift it over the one on the right

Then again, take the loop on the left and lift it over the one on the right, and over my finger

Then pull to tighten, and voila, a slip knot that you can either work directly into like a magic ring, or chain 2 and work into the 2nd chain from the hook. Adding however many stitches you need for the MR in the pattern. If needed, you can pull it to tighten it back up like a MR

4 Likes

Never thought of that one….

1 Like

You can either chain 2 and insert the number of stitches into the first chain, or use this post : https://meet.ribblr.com/t/how-to-make-a-magic-ring/392144

2 Likes