CLOSED Crochet tester call - Minerva the Owl

Hello lovely Ribblers, I’m looking for 2 to 3 people to test my amigurumi pattern for Minerva the owl. She is inspired by the little owl and measures about 9.5 inches, like her real life counterpart. You can see more pictures of her on my Insta @stellasyarnuniverse.

As a tester you would:

• need a public Instagram account to share your finished project, once the pattern is released.

• need to be fluent in English.

• need some prior experience with crocheting amigurumi.

• have 3 weeks to complete the test (sending me feedback and corrections, plus a picture of your finished owl)

• need Aran/worsted weight yarn for the body and legs and DK/light worsted yarn for the beak and talons. You would also need faux fur yarn for the ‘feathery’ parts. (I used Scheepjes Stone Washed XL, Scheepjes Catona and James C. Brett Faux Fur, but you would be free to choose any yarn and colours you like.)

• need a 3.5mm/E and a 2.5mm or 2.75mm/C hook and 21mm safety eyes, plus the common notions and tools you need for amigurumi.

If you would like to apply, please comment with your Instagram handle, so I can admire your previous amigurumi projects. I will choose the testers on Friday (28th Jan) and contact them then. From then they will have until 18th February to complete the test Thank you so much in advance. :blush:

13 Likes

Hello its really nice owl you made, I would like to test it as it’s new thing to make like this, you can check my Instagram @Yarmihoo :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

That is amazing! What are the materials needed?

7 Likes

Thank you so much for your interest. :blush: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Oops I didn’t read all the way through :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Just to make you know may some yarns not available now but can be ordered to make this pattern, how many ball you used for the eyes fur yarn. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :sparkling_heart: No worries at all. :blush:

7 Likes

I would love to test, but I am so busy with my shop and other test projects, and I don’t want to leave you hanging. Best of luck finding testers though :four_leaf_clover::blush:

7 Likes

That’s absolutely fine. Thank you! :blush:

7 Likes

You would be able to use alternative yarn, no problem. :blush: I used less than one ball of the faux fur yarn.

6 Likes

Good to hear that :relaxed: :green_heart: I had like a velvet yarn or bear yarn maybe suit the eyes. :thinking: Need to try interesting :owl::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

I don’t have much time to test right now, but I just had to tell you that she’s gorgeous!

6 Likes

I would love to test Minerva! My instagram profile is:
@lollygram1

Thanks for the opportunity!

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush: :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

That would be very interesting to see. :blush: Are you still interested in testing the pattern? I just looked at your Instagram and love your work. :sparkling_heart: Let me know your thoughts and if you’re still up for it, I’ll send you the pattern here on Ribblr. :blush: Thanks so much! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I love your work! :sparkling_heart: I will send you the pattern now, here on Ribblr. :blush: Please let me know anytime, if you have any questions.

4 Likes

Yes sure am still interested but could I choose another colour am planning to use grey with the same effect of the one you made. If you don’t mind :green_heart: so please will you send it to me thanks alot. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! :sparkling_heart: Of course, feel free to use any colours you like. :blush: I’ll send it to you now.

5 Likes

Hello all

Am happy to share with you all my final work for this adorable Owl :owl: the result come out very well and am so happy that @StellasYarnUniverse gave me this chace to test her pattern was so easy to follow and detailed will so many photos specially when sewing the face feathers part, wings and all other parts :blush: :green_heart: here’s some photos for different dimensions.

7 Likes

Thank you soooo much for all your help! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: You put in so much time and effort. Your owl looks absolutely adorable! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes