CLOSED Football (applique) or for ice pack.

TESTING CLOSED. This is made with Bernat Blanket yarn. I made it to be an ice pack, just wet it, put it in a quart size baggie and freeze it. However, it could be a 9 inch applique on a sweet blanket.

Any yarn with appropriate hook may work also. Curious about that. So for testing that would be fine.

Fast, easy pattern. Need some fresh eyes on it. Any willing testers?

2 Likes

I’d love to! Could I do a purpleish pink and white for the football? (Also I’ll update the other thing I’m testing for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

1 Like

You can do whatever color you want. :grin: I will send it soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You should have it now. And, thank YOU.

1 Like

Yes, I see it :blush: Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @HookedByMarilyn !
I was wondering if you had a Joann’s store near you, because I was wondering if you knew Big Twist Cuddle Yarn holds water just as good as Bernat Blanket Yarn? I was wondering because I wanted to use the Big Twist Cuddle Yarn for the little white sections and the Bernat Blanket Yarn I have for the main color. (Big Twist Cuddle Yarn is basically Bernat Blanket Yarn but a little bit cheaper and is Joann’s name brand) Thank you so much for accepting me as a tester! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I do not live near any yarn store. I shop online, got a great year end clearance sale, or 10. I have a huge stockpile of Bernat Blanket yarn. I will keep your tip in mind if I ever need more. That yarn will be fine for the Color B. Maybe for all of it. If you try, let me know.

1 Like

Ok thank you! Sounds good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @HookedByMarilyn ! I was wondering if you chain 1 then turn on round 8 instead of just turning without chaining 1? I’m wondering because in the other rounds that’s what you say to do at the end of the other rounds. I’ve attached a screenshot so you know what I mean :blush:
Thank you so much for allowing to test this pattern! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good catch. Fixed it!

1 Like

Great thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi @HookedByMarilyn ! I finished my football this morning and wanted to send you my pictures! They will be in my journal as well :blush:

There are both sides and two with the football laces and two without. Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Perfect. And thanks. Got some excitement out of mine from a retired football coach. :grin:

1 Like

:grin: