CLOSED Tester call, Crochet Swiffer Cover, with or without bunny

I need testers for my Dust Bunny, Swiffer Cover - Crochet ePattern

I added an alternate way to make this without the dust bunny design. I was going to make a separate pattern but this is better.

This is an advanced beginner pattern. Mainly because of stitching the pockets into place with slip stitches. But it is made only with sc if you choose not to do the dust bunny design.

I recommend worsted weight 4, cotton yarn, such as Sugar’n Cream. Total weight is 1.7 oz.

I used an H, 5.0 hook for the starting chain, and a G 4.25 hook for the remainder. But, it’s your swiffer cover, so choose your yarn. But, you need to meet gauge this time. I have included instructions on how to do a gauge swatch. Which, technically, the project isn’t much bigger than a swatch … so maybe we could skip that and just measure after enough rows. :thinking:

If you choose to do the dust bunny design, you need to know how to do either c2c, or tapestry crochet. Directions for those skills are not included.

Depending on how many testers apply, I will be selecting testers, and adding to a group tester chat as soon as possible.

I will be testing out the Ribblr feature of blocking the pattern as it is completed. So, the first step will be to make a journal. Simply start by listing your yarn choice. This will need done by the following day after being added to the test, or you will be removed from testing. After this, updates with photos are fun for us all to see.

Thoughts or issues during the test should be communicated within the group chat, not the journal.

As always, communication is the key.

Testing must be completed by January 30th.

Pattern will be gifted to all who complete.

Any questions, let me know.

18 Likes

That’s cute but don’t make me mop lol

3 Likes

I LOVE IT! So unique!

3 Likes

An old friend requested one. Surprising her with the design though. I’m sure she will love it too. She’ll probably have to show it to all of her guests. Hahaha

2 Likes

Oh this is so cute!!!

“and really, without one why would you make this?”
You could make it for someone else who has one​:wink:

3 Likes

Yes. You don’t need a swiffer to fit these. Measurements would be enough. You could definitely make them as gifts, or sell them at a craft fair. I guess as long as the measurements are correct.

3 Likes

That’s super cute!

4 Likes

???
No, you don’t need to answer that.

3 Likes

:broom:

3 Likes

How clever!
Good luck with your test!

4 Likes

So cute!! Love the bunny on there!! Would definitely love to make it when i get to that level - still at the self taught starting/very beginning but ambitious level :sweat_smile::hugs:
Good luck with the testers and testing!

4 Likes

Thanks. I love the ambitious level. So thankful for the internet to help. I’ve only been doing anything besides squares for the last 10 years. I love this hobby.

3 Likes

Hi I’m an intermediate crocheter. I would love to be a tester for this pattern. Love it!

3 Likes

mop GIF

4 Likes

Funny. That looks like a video my daughter just sent me. Our dog lays down and sneaks up on her food. She just taught her puppy. :wink: She looks like that. Hahaha

3 Likes

Hi. I think I just added you. You should have access in your tester patterns. And you should have a message to communicate. Make a journal and I will release the rest of the pattern. (testing that part myself)

3 Likes

Hi yes I received it! Thank you will do

4 Likes

i’ve seen those dog breeds before they are called komondor but everyone calls them mop dogs lol

4 Likes

Cute. Cookie is not the same but still reminded me of a dust mop. Maybe she’s the swiffer version. :rofl:

5 Likes

Swiffer Dog! To the floors and beyond!
Flying Dog GIF

5 Likes