[CLOSED] Tester call for Crochet: Hornet from Hollow Knight (LOW SEW)

After two years of being in the making and somehow still in time for the release of Silk Song, Hornet is finally ready to go into the testing phase!

I need about 4 crocheters to help me test the Ribblr version of this pattern for Hornet, a character from the game Hollow Knight!

Please read the requirements below carefully. I’m looking for testers who are able to provide necessary feedback and send photos of the finished test​:cherry_blossom:

Testing requirements:
:cherry_blossom: Able to read intermediate crochet patterns
:cherry_blossom: Have a public crochet account. Any social media platform will do
:cherry_blossom: Able to finish the test within 3 weeks (March 24 2024)
:cherry_blossom: Follow my account
:cherry_blossom: Leave a comment telling me you’re interested and what kind of yarn you will use (just out of curiosity and to see if you actually read the requirements hehe)

Depending on the amount of applications testers will be chosen and reached out to this weekend (March 2nd or 3rd 2024)

Please do not share or distribute the pattern in parts or as a whole

Click pattern photo to apply:

30 Likes

Oh. My. God. Hollow Knight is my little sister’s absolute favorite game and Hornet is one of her favorite characters. How much sewing does this include and how long does it usually take to make it? I feel like I have to apply but I need to check if I can finish it in time haha!

6 Likes

I will use blanket yarn to do this if chosen. And I have a fb and insta

5 Likes

Omg. I would love to test. This is so cute. I can use polyester yarn for a mini one or acrylic yarn for a bigger one. I just applied here too as I am fine with either versions.

2 Likes

I’d love to test :slight_smile: really enjoyed playing hollow knight.
I’d use dk cotton yarn.
I have an instagram account @chillkroete.crochet
(also applied for the test there bc I don’t really have a preference for the format)

2 Likes

Omgggg that’s so cute!! :heart::heart:
I would love to apply! :heart:
I’d use acrylic yarn!
On insta I’m sheelacos :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

When will silksong come out?! :sob:
Lol I would love to test and I think traditional colors in worsted weight acrylic would be great :sunglasses: I am online @ makinmeowgic on IG if you would like to see my other works :call_me_hand:good luck testing

1 Like

The only sewing you’ll have to do is attaching the neck and head together. You might want to sew the eyes on as well if you opt to make the crochet eyes version included in the pattern, but I personally like glued on felt cut-outs more which is also what is shown in the cover image above. Anywhoes, the sewing is kept to the absolute minimum~! (The horns and head are one piece, same for the legs and body, and the arms are crochet in along the way. Pretty proud of the set-up if I say so myself hihi :sunglasses:)

It’s a bit of a rough estimate but I’d say this make takes about 6-7 hours, including wiggling in the wire frame so she can pose (optional) and cutting the felt eyes (also optional). Don’t come for me if I’m completely off, I should, but never really time my makes :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I don’t know and at this point I’m too afraid to ask :sob: :joy_cat:

1 Like

I don’t really time my makes either, but I know some people do so that’s why I asked! Anyways, the deadline is fairly long, it looks absolutely adorable, you mentioned there’s barely any sewing, I love the game and it’s my little sisters favorite… I can only see positive points!

In that case, I’ll apply!
I’d use thin chenille yarn for the piece!

By the way, I think I should let you know that I rushed to Ribblr cause I saw your post on Instagram and I knew I NEEDED to try to apply! Great work with this pattern, honestly, it’s the best crochet Hornet I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

What a beautiful work, it looks so perfect! :heart_eyes:
I would love to test, I would use medium weight acrylic yarn. And I have an instagram @minoucrochet

1 Like

I’d love to make this, since I’m currently crocheting Hollow Knight!! They’d make a lovely team :sparkles:
If you choose me as a tester, I’ll use simple cotton yarn.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I love this! I was working on a hollow knight crochet make from a pattern on here that I haven’t quite finished yet, this would go perfectly alongside him! I would use acrylic yarn, specifically probably woman’s institute from hobbycraft since I LOVE them!

I’m @that_crafty_scot on both tik tok and Instagram, but I have a bigger following on tik tok :slight_smile:

1 Like

@leaders

3 Likes