CLOSED: Tester call for Crochet: Iceburg the Baby Penguin

Hello beautiful people! I’m back with another tester call! This time, it’s for Iceburg the Baby Penguin!

Now, I was a little hesitant to post this. Not because I am embarrassed of it or scared it won’t do well, but because of the sentimental value. (And maybe because I wanted to keep all the penguins for myself!) My favorite animal has always been penguins and I have been crocheting them for about 2-3 years. I decided that they were going to be the first pattern that I ever write myself, and here I am over 30 penguins later! This isn’t exactly like the main ones I make, it’s a mini version! I designed this little guy for the Design Dash and now I want to share the pattern with you guys.

Due Date: May 18

I don’t really have a strict due date. I thought that about two weeks should be enough. Don’t be afraid to ask for an extension if you really want to test though!

Additional Requirements:
:penguin: Post a journal
:penguin: Share pictures that are clear with decent lighting (in journal/group chat) I will be adding a tester appreciation section to the listing
:penguin:Have 3 colors (white + body and beak color) no other yarn requirements
:penguin:Give me feedback - good and bad
:penguin:No ghosting :ghost: or you will be blocked/removed
:penguin:Comment your favorite animal so I know you read everything!

Click pattern photo to apply:
Iceburg the Baby Penguin

I think I will be choosing around 12 testers!
@eelisab @alleballe135777 @kballard

36 Likes

OMG of I have to apply!! I’ve been waiting for this!!! I’d use either black, white, and orange in plush or teal, white, and orange on acrylic! I love sloths and tigers. :sloth::tiger2:

5 Likes

This is so cute! I’ve been looking for a penguin pattern and this is perfect! My fav animals are pigs, hippos and flamingos. If I test I’ll prob do pink body color and yellow for beak.

Edit: in plush btw

5 Likes

i’d love to test! my fav animal is a bunny

4 Likes

i would probably use either a teal tie dye yarn or a black yarn for the body. i would use white and yellow for the face and beak. this would be in plush yarn with a 7mm hook. my favourite animal is a dog! ty for tagging me btw! :heart_hands::heart_hands::heart_hands:

4 Likes

yayyy thank you for tagging me! duh I’m applying :smiling_face:
my favorite animals are:giraffe: :giraffe: :giraffe: :giraffe:

4 Likes

OMG this is a MUST! I would loveto make a lil penguin! These are my favorite to : crochet cows:cow2: :cow: and :bear: bears lol. But my favorite animal as a pet would be a cat, but the only pet I’ve ever had is fish :fish:

3 Likes

Awwwww that’s so cute! Just wondering, is there any sewing? I just though kinda it looked no-sew but not sure : )

4 Likes

don’t ever worry about your self value!! you are perfectly fine the way you are don’t ever doubt that!! and the penguin is so cute!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I never have the right colors food cool testing patterns

3 Likes

I like penguins too. I also like hummingbirds because they remind me of my Grandma she use to collect them.

3 Likes

Penguins dont have to be black and white. Use your imagination and make them what ever color you want.

3 Likes

True…

3 Likes

adorable! :penguin:

3 Likes

Aaaahhhh what cuties :heart_eyes:
I love them!!
I think my favourite animal is probably a frog or maybe whales :thinking:

3 Likes

ooh I’d love to test!!! I’d use grey, white and yellow velvet yarn with a 3.5mm hook!!
my favourite animals are red pandas <3

3 Likes

id love to test xx

3 Likes

My favourite animal is a snow leopard. Penguins are in my top 5 though they are so cute and agile in the water. I understand the sentimental value of the first pattern and I hope seeing the creations makes you happy

3 Likes

This is so cute!!! My favourite animals are :bat::turtle::giraffe:
Congrats on the pattern! I would love to test!!!

3 Likes

Sooo cute! I have her ant velvet for both body colors and some worsted weight acrylic yarn for the beak! My favorite animal is the raven for its serene look :smiley:

3 Likes