Closed: Tester call for Crochet pattern: Showtime Granny Shorts

I’m looking for testers for my granny square shorts! The pattern is made to your measurements, but I’d like a variety of body types, as I added instructions for adaptability and would like to see how smaller sizes work out. Please only apply if you meet the requirements.

Once testers are chosen, I will create a group topic for any questions you might have, or just for chatting about the pattern and share progress!

Materials:

• Dk yarn in colors of your choice
  • I’m using acrylic, but you might want to account for the lack of stretch if you want to use cotton or another material
  • 3.75mm (F) hook (you may also use a 3.5mm (E)) for the ribbing and 4mm (G) hook for the rest.
  • Yarn needle, scissors and tape measure

Requirements:

• There is no deadline yet, but once the testers are chosen, we will all discuss a deadline that works for everyone in a group topic
  • Once deadline is discussed and chosen, being able to complete pattern and send photos and full notes before deadline
  • Send your notes privately to me in a message or by email to wintersavinsky@gmail.com
  • Create a journal of your progress on Ribblr
  • Having made a wearable item before
  • Having tested a pattern before
  • Having an Instagram isn’t mandatory but it will help
  • I will be using your photos to promote the pattern and credit you
  • Do not distribute pattern
  • Do not post photos of your work on social media until the pattern is released

Crochet ePattern

22 Likes

How cute!! I would absolutely love to apply!! I would probably be about a S, but I meet all of the requirements, besides having an Instagram! School is going to start up for me soon, so it might take me a bit longer to complete it, but it shouldn’t be too big of a problem!! :heart::heart:

6 Likes

I would love to test! I have all the requirements. My IG is maedaesdesigns :green_heart: I may be a large or an xl ? My hips are 44 inches around and waist is 48 inches around.

7 Likes

For the pattern I have people take their own measurement with a tape measure and work from there, so I don’t use standard sizing!

7 Likes

Finish the cardi first :rofl: If you want to apply here too no problem we’ll see how everyone’s schedules work out!

5 Likes

Hi! I’d love to test your pattern! I’m starting to crochet but already have made multiple wearable items.

7 Likes

Ok, I’m getting a beetlejuice vibe , anyone else?

6 Likes

I would love to be included in the testing team. I absolutely love making wearables; they are my primary focus for crochet projects.
I have all the materials necessary on hand, I have 7 years of crochet experience, and I have a public Instagram account (though it is used for both personal and crochet makes).

My Instagram is Squizard183, and I always give credit to pattern creators.

I am 5"6, and 130lbs, and I have experience making crochet granny shorts.

Here are some photos of my recent makes

7 Likes

Hey there! Id love to test this pattern! I am working on setting up an instagram for my crochet makes. Otherwise I meet all the requirements. I would probably be a size small, maybe meduim. Thank you!

6 Likes

All of my current tests are coming to a close this week, and I adore these shorts, so I would love to test if you’re still looking for people! I’m sleepyfrogstitches on IG, roughly a 2xl and 5’3", 38in waist and 45 hips (if that helps for determining size). Totally understand if you want someone with smaller measurements or more experience with wearables. I’m stoked for this pattern regardless ^.^

6 Likes

i’d love to test!
im usually a size small/medium in shorts and pants (0/2 in jeans)
my waist in 29 1/2 in and my hips are about 33/34 in!

i have tested patterns and i’ve made 4 wearable items so far and im currently working on another one!

6 Likes

Oh my :black_heart: thank you all so much for your interest, I’ll choose testers tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Not a coïncidence :smirk: I am obsessed with Beetlejuice, this was done on purpose :rofl:

7 Likes

@Winternightmare

5 Likes

I would love to test this pattern! They’re so cute!!! I have experience making wearables but I haven’t made shorts yet. My insta is @ subatomic.stitches (i am trying to be better about posting on social media haha) and my size would be approx: ~waist 44inches x hips 48inches. I’m planning to make a Beetlejuice themed cardi, blanket, and socks for halloween season, these shorts would match perfectly​:joy: For my time frame, i would probably need about a week, maybe up to two weeks to buy the yarn i need + finish this piece.

6 Likes

Hey, these look really cute!
I love crafting and I usually sew my clothes but I’ve recently gotten into crocheting wearables as well. I have not made a pair of shorts yet but I’d be excited to try. I am kinda new to ribblr so I haven’t tested a pattern on here before but I am familiar with making my own patterns and I’ve made smaller things for crochet but made a couple of full on dress patterns for me to sew so I have some experience here. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to give you concrete tips on how to do certain things by crochet but I’ll be able to tell you where to take things in, make them bigger, etc.
I also really like that you’re working with measurements since it’s what I prefer because then things tend to fit better. Im petite and chubby (I don’t feel super comfortable posting measurments publicly); I thought I’d mention that since you are looking for different body types.
I have an Instagram account @mupfinsmiley where I usually post cosplay projects and DIY WIPs so I feel like posting my progress there would be nice.

I am currently busy with Uni Exams (approx for 3-4 Weeks) but after that I am finally on summer holiday so I’ll have plenty of time to work on it. I’ll be working on my bachelor’s thesis so I’ll need something to take my mind off it once in a while and I think working on a new crochet pattern seems optimal.

So let me know if you’re interested. If I don’t get picked I’ll definetly keep an eye on this pattern since it already looks really cool ^^

6 Likes

Heyy I just wanted to say that I love your pattern!:two_hearts::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The whole showtime reference totally gave that away :wink:

6 Likes

I absolutly need this pattern! I would love to test! I have made wearables and have tested one of your own patterns before and have a crochet insta!

6 Likes

I added you!

5 Likes