[Closed] Tester call for Crochet: Swirli the Octopus - Second Round

Hey y’all! I’m looking for testers for a Second Round of Swirli the Octopus!
Swirli the Octopus

This pattern has three sizes of ‘body nugget’, or head. You are welcome to test any one you like, or all of them, if you’d like. Sizes shown in the image are small and large, I’m working on one that has the medium too.

This is a low-sew pattern. You just gotta hook two pieces together!

~ On release, this will be a paid pattern, available for 1.00.
~ Due date is 5/31 at 11:59 pm CST. - This is to allow as much time as necessary for anyone who has any real life setbacks.
~ I will be releasing this on the 5th of next month with any changes I see necessary from your feedback!

~This should be a quick pattern and took me roughly 2 hours to make, coming to a final size of about 2 inches tall and around 3 inches wide in Acrylic Wgt 4 yarn.

~Please use any colors you like! Looks great solid and variegated!
~No specific yarn requirements. Throw out whatever you want to work in! (If I have a bernat tester, I would love rough measurements.)

~Completion is based on a journal entry with at least one final picture for the piece, more pictures and notes are appreciated but not necessary.
~Any mistakes and advice can be put in the group chat once it’s made

I will be choosing 5 testers in 18 hours.

Non-yarn materials needed include:
~ Safety Eyes, if desired (I do embroidery or a MR of 5 for mine though)
~ Hook, scissors
~ 1 stitch marker or spare scrap of yarn reccommended, not required.

I will tag everyone I can on X or Insta after completion

(Template provided by @HugglesNHooks)

~-~-~

Aaaand Kilgore0224 - Because you asked me to tag you when it was ready for the second round.

If you do wanna test again, just say so in here and I’ll reactivate your testership. ^-^

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Although the initial application period is closed, I’m going to leave this open. If you’d like to test and have not yet applied, please send me a direct message with what you’ll be using for yarn size, hook size, and colors! Late applicants will also be asked for a seperate picture of the body nugget and spindle in their journals, on top of the final picture and the due date will remain the same.

24 Likes

these are adorable! gl!!

5 Likes

I would love to test the large one. I would use plush yarn.

4 Likes

I would love to test these for you!

4 Likes

Hi I would do bernat blanket or big twist plush, or I have big twist posh as well. I might just do all three in separate little guys…

4 Likes

This would be FANTASTIC! I’d love measurements if you do!

And if you only have time or desire to do one, that’s all you have to do!

~-~-~

In case anyone is concerned, the legs spindle is the same regardless what size body nugget you do.

3 Likes

Sure I can do measurements! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would love to test this!

4 Likes

welcome to ribblr forums! I hope you enjoy all the tester projects you do. ^-^

3 Likes

This octopus looks different and I like that.

2 Likes

I’m glad it appeals. ^-^ One of my favorite parts is that the legs are kind of their own fidgets and the body nugget makes a stress button.

1 Like

Although the initial application period is closed, I’m going to leave this open. If you’d like to test and have not yet applied, please send me a direct message with what you’ll be using for yarn size, hook size, and colors! Late applicants will also be asked for a seperate picture of the body nugget and spindle in their journals, on top of the final picture and the due date will remain the same.

Have fun y’all!

1 Like

Thank you! I will definitely try to start today after work

2 Likes

Woops! Wrong thread! XD

1 Like

Would love to test.
Love making octopuses

2 Likes

Check out my journal for details! Size medium

2 Likes

Please send me a PM with the requested information and I’ll be happy to pull you into testing. ^-^

As a side note, I’m closing the thread now but late applicants may still apply following these instructions.

1 Like

@leaders

2 Likes