*CLOSED* TESTERS NEEDED - Subtle Prides Pattern Collection! - CLOSED

Introducing: The Subtle Prides Collection '22! This pattern collection includes 5 different halter tops, each with a different groovy design inspired by the different LGBTQ+ Pride flags!⁠

I am looking for testers to test out the patterns for the FIVE HALTER TOPS for my upcoming pattern collection for Pride 2022!⁠

Each pattern includes instructions for 6 sizes (XS-2XL), and colorwork charts for each of the sizes for the front panels! Ideally, I would love to get testers for each of the sizes and at least a few testers per design (the sizing information is all the same, the only differences between patterns is the front panel design).⁠

Tester Requirements:
:sparkles: Must be able to complete the project (including the feedback form and pictures) by April 23rd⁠
:sparkles: Must be willing to provide pictures of the finished product (at least 1 flatlay, and 1 worn in order to show the fit)⁠
:sparkles: Testers must state which pride flag/colors they will be testing (along with the design(s) they want to test).⁠
:sparkles: Must know how to read and follow colorwork charts.⁠
:sparkles: Must be able to match the gauge⁠
:sparkles: Testers will need approx 600 (for XS-M) to 1200 (for L-2XL) of yarn. This is an approx yardage, so I will also ideally need testers to state how much yardage and yarn they used in order to more accurately state the yardage per size. These suggestions will then be used to revise the material list for each size for the final draft of the patterns!⁠

If you are interested in testing the pattern, check out the tester form on my Instagram (@rollingyarncrochet), or comment on this post so I can send you a private message with the link to the tester form! I will get back to the chosen testers on March 20th!⁠

18 Likes

I would love to test this. (FYI I’m almost done with the patchwork sweater so excited!)

5 Likes

hehe NICE! Can’t wait to see the sweater! I’ll send you the tester form to your email like last time!! Thanks so much <3

4 Likes

I’d love to test!

6 Likes

omg this is so cute! i hope i can make one of these soon <3

5 Likes

I would love to test the sweater is :sparkles:gorgeous!!:sparkles:

6 Likes

@rollingyarn i would love to test this! :heart_eyes:
Could I ask what weight of Paintbox yarn did you use?
These halter tops are magnificent! :two_hearts::tada::confetti_ball::rainbow:

4 Likes

Hi, I’d like to test for you! I’d be happy to do either the trans or lesbian for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

HI! thanks! The Paintbox yarn I used was Simply DK!

3 Likes

I would like to test this pattern!

4 Likes

UPDATE - Hi all! Thanks so much for the interest! I have received so many responses already, way more than I expected, and so quickly! I may have to close the testing call earlier than Sunday so that the number of responses doesn’t get too overwhelming. I will be capping out at 40 responses (I have 33 responses on the tester form so far!). Thanks again for the interest <3

BTW!! Does anyone know how to edit the post itself? Or if i CAN? I feel like I COULD before (I think before I got any comments, like, right after I posted it), but I can’t see the “edit” option anymore? I still haven’t been able to figure out how to edit my posts so I can let people know when the testing calls are closed T_T

4 Likes

Yes you should be able to! There should be a pencil icon on your post, and another one on your title : )
Hope this helps!
:orange_heart:Nicole

4 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of the edit pencil at the end of the title. :blush:

4 Likes

Yes I think I used to see it but not anymore? I can see the editing button for my last comment (as shown in the screenshots) but not for the post itself or any of the earlier comments I made? Not sure why lol

2 Likes

@rollingyarn Let me know when you want to change it to closed and I can do it for you no problem :blush:

4 Likes

@Lakeviewknitter thank you so much, that’s sweet of you <3 I’ll let you know!

4 Likes

Hi I would love to make a halter top! Just what level of complication is it?

4 Likes

Hi @ariparricrochets ! The patterns involve more advanced techniques like increasing, decreasing, creating the ribbing as-you-go, and colorwork techniques like reading and following a graph/chart to create the front designs. The patterns explain how to reach the charts, but ideally you should have experience already reading colorwork charts. So I would say this is more of an advanced-level pattern!

4 Likes

UPDATE - Hi y’all! I’ve received over 40 responses now, so I will be closing up the testing call sooner than expected. Thanks so much to all those that applied and showed their support for the Subtle Prides Pattern Collection, I’m very grateful for it all! <3 Chosen testers will be contacted via email to confirm availability by tomorrow.

@Lakeviewknitter could you help me change the title of the post to “closed”? THANKS sm for the assist!!

4 Likes

Guess I saw it first - you’re all adjusted.

Good luck with the testing phase everyone!

5 Likes