šŸŽ„ Comfort Crochet šŸ“ŗ

Whatā€™s your comfort movie/show to crochet to?

Iā€™m going through a really stressful time. Iā€™m in ā€œsurvival modeā€. It seems like I tend to go back to the same movies and patterns in times like this. Iā€™m curious if you guys do, too :sweat_smile:

In these moments, Iā€™m likely saying Iā€™m going to crochet while actually aimlessly scrolling around to find a pattern to use while watching Sword in the Stone, LOTR, or Hobbit. The longer the movie/serious, the worse Iā€™m doing :joy:

12 Likes

Iā€™m a knitter, but I think we all do the same things. My fall back movies are Youā€™ve Got Mail, and Pride and Prejudice tho I really like The Blind Side too, and doing marathons of Little House on the Prairie or Harry Potter. My mindless knits are a 2X2 rib hat I knit for the local homeless shelter, or an occasional baby sweater that is knit top down so I donā€™t have to sew on the sleeves ;p. Winters are hard, I like the sun and the warmth which are both in short supply in the winter. I look forward to celebrating Christmas in the winter and to the winter solstice because the winter solstice is when the days start getting longer again and I can see Spring in the distance.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear youā€™re having a hard time. I hope things get better for you soon! My go to movies/tv are also the hobbit and LOTR and Harry Potter. Also Narnia, unsolved mysteries, my favorite YouTubers ( like cinema therapy, the Carlin brothers, angry Joe, and Ryan Gorge/pitch meetings.)

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry itā€™s hard for you right now. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I usually watch bobā€™s burgers for a laugh. I have also recently been listening to true crime podcasts. Right now my favorite is Not Today.

5 Likes

Aww Iā€™m sorry that things are tossed up for you. Sending a hug and loveā€¦ I can only suggest a few but they are my favorites to watch weather Iā€™m processing something or not. Iā€™ll do a bindge watch of the whole fantastic beasts and Harry Potter, hobbit or LOTR, pretty in pink, some kind of wonderful, canā€™t buy me love. Or sometimes adventure like Indiana jones. Music also picks me up too I Iā€™ll turn on spotify listen to my 60ā€™s-80ā€™s playlist or spa like music.

4 Likes

Disney movies and The Chosen usually! :hugs:

7 Likes

My comfort movies are The PrincessBride, LOTR Trilogy, Galaxy Quest, a DVD by Ann VosKamp, Men In Black, Veggie Tales, a unique Movie called Genesis, Dappy T Piano, and The Chosen.

5 Likes

I love how lotr is on most of our lists :joy:

3 Likes

LOTR and Harry Potter are my go to for serious days, when I really need to get some work done. When I want to have good vibes for crafting, I always go for anything with a musical number.

4 Likes

Right!!! Haha that shocked me

3 Likes

omg my favorite shows to crochet to are gilmore girls and new girl, they never fail me and always make me feel better too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oo New Girl is a good one. Have you seen Queer Eye? Itā€™s my mood booster show. So wholesome!

if there is no one close by that can show you continental style knitting, look up a continental knitting tutorials to watch. some of them are nicely done. Iā€™d check out very pink knits.

2 Likes

Harry potter or encanto for me x

4 Likes

I watch Faith Network or ShineTv any Christian movie as im a seventh day Adventist Christian :pray:t2::pray:t2::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Not a movie or show, but a book. Warrior cats a nd pjo have always been comforting to me, it creates a safe bubble i usually am lacking

3 Likes

I love crocheting and doing anything else while seeing The Owl House.

3 Likes

For mindless crocheting (like a blanket or something thatā€™s easy rows or a pattern I know really well), I typically watch criminal minds. If I want to focus I watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as it is my favorite show and Iā€™ve seen it so many times, so I donā€™t really need to focus on the show to know whatā€™s going on.
Occasionally Iā€™ll watch Downton Abbey because it makes me feel sophisticated to crochet while watching it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

My mindless watching is Harry Potterā€¦ But Iā€™ll be honest, if the TV is on, itā€™s only a 30% chance I fully know whatā€™s happeningā€¦ I used to drive my family nuts because theyā€™d ask what was going on and Iā€™d say ā€œI donā€™t have a clue, Iā€™ve been knitting/hookingā€ā€¦ They stopped asking :joy:

2 Likes