Common ND struggles 😅

Let me know your struggles in the comments!

When a pattern has a LOT of lines and your adhd doesn’t let you see the end of it :sweat_smile:

When you pull through but the yarn is still there, so you pull through again and again and it ends up being a tangled mess and you gotta frog a few stitches and start over :sweat_smile:

When you absolutely gotta stim right now, but your hands just wanna crocheeeeeet so you crochet while rocking and it’s really not that easy :sweat_smile:

Deadlinesssss (do I have to explain this one? Loll) :sweat_smile:

When a pattern doesn’t explain why a thing is made that way and it doesn’t make sense to you so you can’t do it because of demand avoidance :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Oh I feel all of this so hard…as I’m rocking back and forth :rofl:

8 Likes

I used to rock on the bed from as early as I can remember to about 20 years. It was the only way I could fall asleep. Plus, I’d do it during day while listening to music.
I had a brain hemorrhage when I was born, so I know the AADD is partly from that.

6 Likes

I have so many ideas like I wanna make everything and anything but I have to be realistic because I’ll never get any of it done.

7 Likes

Anyone else reads long texts kinda backwards? :joy: when the line is too long I start reading, then my eyes skip to the end of it and at the end I’m reading the middle because the end doesn’t make sense and then I read the beginning again because I already forgot :joy::joy:

7 Likes

I love/hate crocheting. I want to make all of the things at the same time but I don’t want to make the things I need to, like my grandma’s cardigan for Christmas or my son’s Charizard beanie for his birthday.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t like pressure to make something . I just make stuff and then maybe I’ll give it to someone and then maybe I won’t.
Is that your issue?

3 Likes

Pretty much. My kids usually end up with whatever I make.

3 Likes

thats exactly why I use a rocking chair at my desk instead of a normal one lol, i can rock and crochet :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I can’t do that cause I don’t have the space for it nor the money loll

4 Likes

Thats fair.
We got ours from a thrift store so its old as hecc but it only costed $5

4 Likes

My computer chair does rock slightly but I can’t cause there are things behind it I don’t wanna hit :rofl:

4 Likes

~ADHD~

• Deadlines/procractination
  • Hyperfocusing (even if im in physical pain-i cant stop
  • Concentrating in general, especially with background noise
  • Sitting still
  • Start convos/stop talking once its started
  • Doing nothing for half the day, feeling guilty, tell myself ill do better tmrw (i wont)
  • expectations that are way too high for me
  • random adrenaline rushes that really tend to put me in pickles
  • to do lists- love/hate relationship
  • reading long things unless im in the mood for it
  • having to read the same thing over. And over. And over. Just for it to start making a lick of sense
  • forgetting/vividly remembering the most random things without rhyme or reason
  • having things handed to me- idk why but i HATE it so much
  • fidgeting/spinning my pen excessively

also sometimes i get these really random impulses, almost like tics, to close my hand into a fist. Not rlly a tic though because i can controll it if i really focus but its pretty hard to

4 Likes

This is called stimming

4 Likes

Oh ok thanks!

4 Likes

Yes to almost all of this. So many ideas for so many patterns. Definitely not sitting still!

2 Likes

Im neurotypical (no ones told me otherwise​:woman_shrugging:) and somehow stumbled here, but I have never related more to a comment :joy:

2 Likes

I crochet while rocking so often lol.
I lose count while counting.
I’m constantly losing needles, stitch markers, scissors, and anything else I need at that moment.

2 Likes

I lose needles and hooks all the time I also lose count n I’m working on a project n I’m procrastinating