Community user glitch

Not on everyone, but on some, if you click a user avatar, it won’t show their profile or anything, the screen gets desaturated but nothing pops up on the screen…
@Ribblr

11 Likes

I first noticed in my topic of tag suggestion (was curious who all liked it and saw an avatar I didn’t recognize)…
Then I saw comments in other threads for other members

6 Likes

What were you using when this happened?

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting. We haven’t noticed that, can you please share a screenshot as a reply here alongside your device details?

3 Likes

Normal view

After clicking 6th from the left, top row

Samsung S23 Ultra

2 Likes

Hi! Some users profiles are private so when you click on it you see a white screen for 1 second and then it’s gone. My friend does that for privacy reasons!

2 Likes

It still should show their user name and the other public info (join date, avatar, etc)
Also this isn’t a white spot for a minute, I have to tap again to be able to do anything again

3 Likes

well that’s how it is I guess do you have an example of a person it happens to? Also I said a second…

2 Likes

Posted above your first comment
Ok it happens for longer than a minute so it definitely happens for longer than a second…

2 Likes

That’s correct. If a user wants their profile to remain hidden they can, and in which case you cannot see their profile, even when clicking on the liked thumbnail.

5 Likes

It’s not showing white for a second, it is desaturated until I tap again

2 Likes

Got you! It might behave differently on your device. It seems from your screenshot that it’s quite a wide device. Are you using your phone in landscape mode by any chance?

2 Likes

No I cropped the picture to the first post, but it was the whole screen
And like I said it isn’t a “blip” a quick thing, I have to physically tap out of it
It was mentioned in another thread for a different user and when you were tagged it was apparently fixed

3 Likes

Thanks!

We wish we had that kind of magic! However we just checked it, nothing to do with us. We believe they just made their account public again​:sweat_smile:

We can confirm it’s because the account is private, though not 100% sure why it’s showing this way to you. We’ll check and report back if we get back a clearer understanding from our engineers.
Normally most Ribblrs do not choose to keep their account private so hopefully it shouldn’t affect you often!

4 Likes