Competition ideas!

Help! I need some ideas for a competition at my school for crocheting. I’m trying to figure what I should make but I can’t think of anything that would really wow the judges. I will be competing against ALOT of students since this competition involves a lot of different schools. I’m really nervous but excited to see what everyone makes. So if anyone has any good ideas on what I should make, let me know!!

17 Likes

Maybe you could go for something unique - there’s a collection of crochet BALLOON animals you can make! Just search it up, the collection costs 6 USD I believe

9 Likes

The fact that your school actually has a competition for crocheting is amazing! I don’t have anything specific in mind but maybe you could do something that requires a little more effort with details? Good luck!

11 Likes

What about incorporating your school colors for something… or your mascot?

7 Likes

You can maybe try merging things that you like together? Like food animals or something. The fact that you have a crochet competition is just wowwwww. I’m so jealous!!

7 Likes

I have seen Crafty Intentions dragon pattern items do really well at county fair competitions. They are advanced patterns but she has some that are smaller too. That’s awesome that your school is doing that!

5 Likes

That’s tough for us to decide. Do something that makes you proud of, even if you don’t win. Do you want amigurumi or c2c? Is it something you should design? Make your own chart. How much time do you have? Clothing you would model? Blanket? So many options.

Blanket and c2c with custom chart made from my selfee = my competition choice. Although, you probably wouldn’t want to do me and my Jerry … :wink: (Ignore the loose ends not weaved yet.)

9 Likes

I would suggest making some of the fancy afghan squares by @AYarnofSerendipity and making, say, 6 and making a pillow out of them!

4 Likes

I love the fact your school has a crochet competition, even more that are MANY schools!
I would go for something you really want to do and would enjoy keeping even after the competition is over. I find that when i do something im not enjoying it take FOREVER and a day to make, i hate going back into making it, AND it never looks as good as the projects made with love
I like the idea of combining school mascot and colors into the project.
If you give us an idea of what you kind of want to do we could help look for a pattern you could use!

3 Likes

Ahhh this is so awesome! If you’re looking for something more complex, a blanket, balaclava, or clothing may be good!

You can also look into detailed amigurumi that has moveable doll parts (or that are just more detailed).

Ive had people around here write up and create their own graph afghans (graphgans) for their school mascot or logo for competitions and fairs!

4 Likes

Omg maybe like a dress or pant and shirt set!!! I see real cute ones on pinterest make a bunch of granny squares and make a fit out of them good luck cheering for you babes!:heart::heart:

3 Likes