Concert goers

I’ve never been to a concert before and I REALLY want to but my parents would never allow it :pensive:
Anyone who’s been to one care to share their experience?

10 Likes

Well the only concert I’ve been to is Big time rush when I was 7 :woman_shrugging: I’m not really much help here!

6 Likes

What is it that your parents don’t like about them?

6 Likes

I was at a mini concert at a food and wine festival and when the act of the night was on stage (John Farnham) everyone want to the front (the mosh pit) and it was squishy and I had to stand on a chair to see​:smile:

I filmed it all on my ipad, I couldn’t move my arms they hurt so much holding them in the air for an hour

Otherwise a concert inside your usually seated depending on what the staging is like. Sometimes they have a part you can be in the mosh pit up the front and have seats. It really depends on what concert your going to. I haven’t been to one in awhile but I’ve been to dance musicals, song concerts and and as a kid we always went to see musicals and The Wiggles, and other entertainment concerts

You have to be careful these days so I recommend if you are going to wear a mask :mask:

Good luck and have fun
By the way you can see seating when you look on the website or the ticket website

5 Likes

I don’t know. First of all, I don’t think I would really want to go with them to like a kpop boy group concert bc well…I think that’s pretty self explanatory. There’s always that one member who has to “seduce” the crowd and its like dude, I came here to see you sing and dance not to see your WaShBoArD aBs…
Honestly, I don’t think my mom would really have a problem with it but my dad is VERY VERY overprotective and the thought of me actually liking somebody hurts his little heart so…:woman_shrugging:t4:
But what more can I do? Boys be cute so imma like them lol.

5 Likes

Ofc. Safety first. I wouldn’t go to one now anyway bc of COVID.

6 Likes

Your Dad was a boy, young man, so he knows how they think. He’s protecting you from them. Your Dad loves you very much.

5 Likes

Maybe you can find a middle ground - is there music you both love so you can go to a concert together? Or start by watching a concert live on TV from Youtube etc. then move up from there…? :grinning:

6 Likes

Yeah i know. I love him and I really am grateful that his in my life but I gotta admit that it’s kinda annoying bc I see all my friends getting to do things he would NEVER allow me to do.

6 Likes

Wait, that’s actually a good idea! Thanks!

6 Likes

You know what, I didn’t even realize what they could be thinking about when they do stuff like that KNOWING there are minors like me in the crowd. Most likely the company told them to do it but still. For all I know that so called “idol” could be a pervert or something. This just shows I have a lot more growing up to do. Thank you for helping realized that.

7 Likes

I’ve been to a few concerts in my life, they are fun, loud, and sometimes kinda boring (if you don’t know any songs) but I would say that concerts are for anyone! My most recent concert was an AJR concert that I went to on Tuesday it was great, it was a tour so it was more then just songs. I think you should go to a concert soon, if you did who would you see?

7 Likes

My first concert was a Barry Manilow concert when I was probably 11 or 12. It was a family trip.
So I didn’t go by choice.

Ack Ack!

5 Likes

i really want to see harry styles or stray kids

6 Likes

I know Harry Styles, but I haven’t heard of the other one. My first concert was Imagine Dragons.

6 Likes

My first concert was when I was 8 (I think) but I went to a concert once that I didn’t know any of the bands…: that was boring.

6 Likes

Same!

6 Likes

Wait do you mean same like you also want to go see Harry or SKZ or both?

5 Likes

Harry Styles!

6 Likes

My first concert was The Cheetah Girls when I was 10 with a friend of mine. Then I saw Brad Pasley when I was 12 with my parents. Right after that I went to One Direction by myself at 15. Since then my parents never went to a concert with me until Bon Jovi when I was 22. I usually go with my sister, a group of friends or myself. I travel out of state for them, so safety is always a top priority.

If there is no way your parents would allow you to go by yourself, try to find a middle ground of an artist you all like. Or maybe if they allow you, see if you could go with a friend who they already know and feel comfortable with you going with.

But concerts are to me like an organised party, you stand, you dance, you scream your lungs out, and you just have a good time.

7 Likes