Crafting buddies? Anyone?

I’m lucky to have 2 scaly babies. You can see Karl (bearded dragon), on the ladder I knit him to climb up the windowsill. Elvis (crested gecko) is up his plant, coming for a chat. I love them both so much :heart::lizard::dragon::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

8 Likes

That’s so cool. Thanks for sharing @scotjess
Hi Karl and Elvis! You are two cool dudes. :dragon:

3 Likes

WOW!! So cool!!! :heart_eyes:
What’s it like having reptiles as pets? I always wondered, do they they have a way of showing affection…? :thinking:

3 Likes

What’s more affectionate than posing on a ladder that was knitted just for you? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s great. We got them as I love animals but my partner was allergic to my rats. When they passed, after a few year, we decided to find new pets. Here they are. They are both very expressive. Karl was never shy and has lots to say. :joy: He’s a bossy boy. We have a deep bond (each a bit different) . Elvis took his time with trust, but now he comes for cuddles and gets really exited sometimes :blush:. I could go on but yes, they have big personalities, cheeky, cuddly, bossy, funny. You need to learn to listen to them. No voice but a lot of language. And lots of love. I heard some say that they can be boring. I think that’s only the case if you don’t care enough. You need to do your research too, as their needs are different but vital. I love them! :two_hearts:
PS: we’ve had Karl for 8yrs and Elvis almost 7yrs.cc

5 Likes

I don’t have any furry knitting buddies (stupid allergies), but my 3 girls will sit and knit with me. I taught them when they were 8 (the twins) and 7 (my baby doll). They started with dishcloths. We got each of them a Denise needle set for Christmas one year. The twins have both made a shawl. Baby Doll has made a blanket for her dolls. They love to get dishcloth yarn as gifts and then knit them for their grandmas and aunts.

8 Likes

This is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
That’s so awesome that grandkids are knitting for their grandparents :star_struck:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s incredible! I really like reptiles, I think they are very interesting…And your buddies are both amazing! Send them kisses from me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This little one is my fur baby

She is a rescue dog, and I feel like she also rescued me since she became my assistant dog.

I love her to bits and would be absolutely lost without her.

7 Likes

AWWWW SHE’S ADORABLE!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

SO SWEET! She looks like a lovely Terrier and a beautiful lady :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love two bow tie too - is it crocheted?

2 Likes

Yes!! She’s wearing a velvet crocheted bow :smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful. I also had a rescue dog that was a terrier, had her from when she was 3 months old and she was nearly 15 when she died. She was the sweetest, loved absolutely everybody!

2 Likes

No treat needed the girls love the camera lol. Penelope runs the house lol

3 Likes

That’s awesome! My old family dog hated cameras! Every time a lens was pointed at her she looked away, it was so hard to get good pictures of her! :laughing:

2 Likes

My craft helper is our little schnauzer, Jess. She’s sometimes difficult to see well on pictures because her coat is so dark - she loves helping with the computer work, too!

8 Likes

So cute!

3 Likes

So adorable!! Must be hard to get any work done though :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Too cute!!! Want to pet!!! AHH!!:grimacing:

2 Likes

I have a 16 yr old calico cat who loves to cuddle on my lap while I crochet

7 Likes