Crafting buddies? Anyone?

I live in a London flat/apartment at the moment, where I can’t have any pets, so no crafting buddies for me for now… :disappointed_relieved:
But much of my inspiration, including my shop logo and a few patterns, comes from my childhood dog Flower, who was a Springer Spaniel, and the best dog ever!
What about your crafty animal friends?

17 Likes

I live in a small apartment now too, so I had to leave my crafting buddy Zephyr at my parents’ house when I moved last year. She’s visiting tomorrow though!

I love your Springer! My sister had a dog like that when she was young, he was the best.

11 Likes

Oh my. too cute. :dizzy_face: @LoftyCastleCrafts

2 Likes

What a cute buddy and such a beautiful name!! I’m so happy for you that you are going to see her tomorrow!! :dog: :purple_heart:
Springers are amazing, they are excellent family dogs and they are so gentle and loving…

4 Likes

I’m a lifelong dog lover. Right now, tho’, I am dogless. I live with my 87 year old Mum (I’m her caregiver) and she doesn’t like animals. With her balance and mobility issues, a maltese or two underfoot could be disastrous!

4 Likes

I get you…your mum definitely comes first, I suggest maybe going to a nearby park where people take their dogs, and have some casual encounters with other people’s cuties!
That’s what I do at least when I feel the urge to pet a pup… :blush:

5 Likes

Having friends with dogs helps. There’s an older woman down the street who has a lhasa apso that apparently thinks I’m the neatest thing ever. That dog will see me walking down the street, and is so excited to see me coming every single time! Dogs are very intuitive, and they can pick out a dog person from 100 yards away easily. My maltese was my barometer as to determining if someone was worth hanging out with or not. All I had to do was gauge her actions (and reactions), and that was all I needed to know. Her instincts were always spot on!

4 Likes

That’s SO true!!! Everytime I’m out and about, and I see a dog with it’s owner, there’s always a ‘moment’ between the dog and I, where we sort of stare at each other with longing… :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh those doggies are so cute ! :heart:

Sorry for all of you, because you can’t own any dogs right now. I hope you will be able to, some time again !

I also hope to have another dog again in the future. I had a mixed breed, a long time ago, called Dusty. He was my best buddy ever and I loved him like crazy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is Gordie. He is one of my 4 buddies, but the only one that will hinder my knitting time.

13 Likes

Awwww that paw!!! What a little darling!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes, until he begins kneading! Lol

4 Likes

Oh he looks like such a sweetie! I hope he doesn’t interrupt knitting time too much :wink:

3 Likes

Not too much, he takes his cat nap or wants his pets and then moves on. Lol

4 Likes

I have three fur babies. Two Shih Tzu’s Bella and Daisy. I also have a wonderful cat named Penelope

11 Likes

It seems like Penelope is controlling the situation! haha :joy:

4 Likes

Bella and Daisy are so photogenic! They look straight into the camera! Or is it they think they’ll get a treat? :laughing:

3 Likes

This is my crochet / craft buddy! I do have two cat babies too, but they actually don’t hang out with me when I crochet very often lol. This girl has been my model since birth and design advisor since she’s been old enough to boss me around. LOL!!

8 Likes

That’s awesome. What a great (and cute) model & advisor! :relaxed:

2 Likes

The most adorable crochet buddy!! And she might grow to be a crafter as well!! :purple_heart:

2 Likes