Crochet Abbreviation

Is there a list of Crochet abbreviations that gets automatically populated into the Abbreviations list? I know simple ones like SC and DC will be, just wondering if thereā€™s a full list somewhere I can refer to when writing my pattern. If my stitch is not in the abbreviation list, what do you suggest I do? Is there a way to manually edit the abbreviation list? Thanks.

9 Likes

The program will automatically abbreviat your terms after you write it. I suggest you go through the tutorial, there is a lot of tools in there that new people donā€™t realize will make it easier to both read and write

6 Likes

When you are designing the pattern, the page that says ā€œMeasurementsā€ at the top, has ā€œAbbreviationsā€ at the bottom. Then also, ā€œsee full listā€. If yourā€™s is not there, it does say to ā€œAdd special stitches in your patternā€™s instructionsā€.

We cannot add to or edit the list. However, if you have a recommendation, you could tell @Ribblr and maybe get it added.

4 Likes

@kamidakefiberarts

Follow the pictures sweetie.

5 Likes

Great help above here!
Also, you can find abbreviations at the top of each craft category page!

4 Likes

I had been wondering the same since one abbreviation wasnā€™t populated for me. I assumed ribblr didnā€™t have it and typed up a full description.
Then saw the exact stitch on someone elses pattern using an abbreviation Iā€™ve never seen on any other pattern.
A list of stitches with the used abbreviations in rebuild would be helpful.
I guess theres worse things than having to have 2 tabs open and jump back and forth between them.

4 Likes

Mine used to do this tooā€¦ i was typing them wrong so just make sure u r typing it in the same way ribblr wants u to cuz otherwise it doesnt work

4 Likes

You donā€™t have to, you can click ā€˜see full listā€™ within Ribbuild

5 Likes

I just double checked and found the little full list in there, thank you . When you click it it forces a pop up in a new tab and doesnā€™t let you ā€˜xā€™ out of the abbreviation list.

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you!

2 Likes