Crochet Abbreviation

Is there a list of Crochet abbreviations that gets automatically populated into the Abbreviations list? I know simple ones like SC and DC will be, just wondering if there’s a full list somewhere I can refer to when writing my pattern. If my stitch is not in the abbreviation list, what do you suggest I do? Is there a way to manually edit the abbreviation list? Thanks.

9 Likes

The program will automatically abbreviat your terms after you write it. I suggest you go through the tutorial, there is a lot of tools in there that new people don’t realize will make it easier to both read and write

6 Likes

When you are designing the pattern, the page that says “Measurements” at the top, has “Abbreviations” at the bottom. Then also, “see full list”. If your’s is not there, it does say to “Add special stitches in your pattern’s instructions”.

We cannot add to or edit the list. However, if you have a recommendation, you could tell @Ribblr and maybe get it added.

4 Likes

@kamidakefiberarts

Follow the pictures sweetie.

5 Likes

Great help above here!
Also, you can find abbreviations at the top of each craft category page!

4 Likes

I had been wondering the same since one abbreviation wasn’t populated for me. I assumed ribblr didn’t have it and typed up a full description.
Then saw the exact stitch on someone elses pattern using an abbreviation I’ve never seen on any other pattern.
A list of stitches with the used abbreviations in rebuild would be helpful.
I guess theres worse things than having to have 2 tabs open and jump back and forth between them.

4 Likes

Mine used to do this too… i was typing them wrong so just make sure u r typing it in the same way ribblr wants u to cuz otherwise it doesnt work

4 Likes

You don’t have to, you can click ‘see full list’ within Ribbuild

5 Likes

I just double checked and found the little full list in there, thank you . When you click it it forces a pop up in a new tab and doesn’t let you ‘x’ out of the abbreviation list.

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you!

2 Likes