Crochet Blisters

Do you get crochet blisters? Or blisters on your hands in general? What do you find is the best way to deal with them?

I’ve just realized I have two on my non-dominant hand. Not a huge setback, but I’m not sure what to do about it. (Not the hand I use my hook in.)

3 Likes

I get blisters on my non-dominant too. Whenever my tension is super tight and I’m working with a light weight yarn.
I usually switch between project when this happens.
I’ve seen other crocheters use a rubber thimble too.

3 Likes

Loosening your tension on the yarn will help decrease the blisters and will help your overall crochet experience… I used to be a tight worker and my Mammaw warned me that it could cause problems later… I’m glad I listened because it made my work go faster, easier, and more enjoyable for longer…

3 Likes

I do work with really tight tension, so I guess I’ll start by trying to loosen up on that. Thank you both. ^-^ I can’t use the rubber/sillicone thimbles, Wearing stuff on my fingers makes my hands sweat even if it’s not warm. (nitrile, cleaning, and gardening gloves are unpleasant for me)

Any suggestions on handling the existing blisters?

3 Likes

You can use Vaseline and a bandaid for the blisters

3 Likes

Mmm, don’t have vaseline and mildly allergic to bandaid adhesives (lucky me), but I do have aloe, so will try that to keep it hydrated… The bandaid would cause more rash so I’ll just try not to use it for a little while

3 Likes

Bummer! Good luck

2 Likes