Crochet Lizzo! Next challenge face shaping

Hey everyone,

I made Lizzo for a friend of mine and I’m super proud of her! Please let me know your thoughts (be nice though!)

I designed her as I went along which was interesting as I didn’t write down what I did so matching both her arms and legs was a challenge :joy:

I’d like to learn how to shape faces better as I’ve only ever done them round like most Amigurumi patterns. Can anyone recommend any patterns I could try?

I’ve been using Ribblr for a while but this is my first time posting so hi everyone! I love seeing everyone’s makes and patterns :heart:

19 Likes

Ah, she looks great. Well done.
I can’t help with face shaping human crochet sorry.

8 Likes

that looks absolutely awesome well done!! I haven’t don’t any face shaping, but maybe you could do a normal sphere, but whilst your doing it increase in areas where there are gonna be protruding areas on the face? Hope that made sense :sweat_smile::joy:

6 Likes

She’s beautiful! Job well done

5 Likes

Thanks I think you’re right! It’s going to be a lot of trial and error I think :sweat_smile::joy:

5 Likes

Thanks so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

6 Likes

You can shape an amigurumi face by increasing and decreasing the pattern to achieve the desired shape, or by sculpting the face. You can find many videos about this on the internet.

8 Likes

Thanks I’ll have a look - the ones I’ve seen so far have been for creating animals rather than people

4 Likes

You can also give the face more shape through embroidery.

9 Likes

Oh how fun! I’m sure your friend is thrilled!
I don’t have any advice/help as I am terrible at amigurumi and therefore don’t make any… Good luck with it though :grin:

4 Likes

Wow!
I’d recommend searching the internet with these words:
Face sculpting
Doll Making
Crochet Doll.

I remember seeing some but did not bookmark it.

5 Likes

Omg thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank you :heart:

3 Likes

Hi there. Wow, great job. I really like her :relaxed:

4 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes