Crochet market questions

Hiii
I had a market this weekend and I always get asked or told the weirdest and funniest things .
One FAQ is “ Did you REALLY make this yourself?!”
And I sometimes I get told that my prices are too high. But my most expensive item is only $30 and it’s for a jumbo plushie that’s HUGE
Also one kid wanted to trade a toothpick for a $20 plushie!!! Like kid you think I spent 2 hours on this plushie for a tOoThPiCk 0-o
what are some weird things that happen to you at markets ?

16 Likes

One time a lady came up to my table (she looked like she was a grandma lol) and she picked up on of my whale’s, that’s actually pretty big, and just started aggressively squishing it, after she left me and my bestie just started laughing cuz it was so funny lol

9 Likes

:joy::rofl: omg your luck ! Usually for me the grandmas complain about my prices :crazy_face::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I haven’t had a market yet so nothing weird or funny to share :grin: $30 is pretty cheap!

Also added this to a space and some hashtags :smile:

7 Likes

I tend to attract kids. I make sure to have something for them so they bring their parents back with money. :wink: But I think my favorite is when I was told “this is the most fun table here.”

4 Likes

A woman asked if my safety eyes are secure and started pulling on them directly. I answered they’re glued and have safety backings but she already started pulling then… it was so disrespectful like who even does that… she didnt even end up buying anything

6 Likes

Ugh thats so rude

4 Likes

I would’ve used the old adage of ‘You break it, you bought it. Stop pulling on it or buy it.’ and show her the pricetag

I mean, we put time into making this stuff by hand, why in any of the seven would we make it flimsy then try to sell it?

4 Likes

Ikr

2 Likes

Definetly would if it broke, luckily it didnt that time but if it ever happens again i think i will react more

3 Likes

Yea noone should be that aggressive with amigurumi plushies. They take hours of just working and its heartbreaking when they break

5 Likes

You should definitely try doing market ! It’s has good and bads but I think the good outweighs the bad :sparkles::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Tysm :heart:

2 Likes

Omg that one of my fav things too ! I also love it when they bring their friends too

2 Likes

Oh dear , that so rude !!! And it’s worse that she didn’t even buy anything :woman_facepalming:t2::melting_face:

4 Likes

I agree :100:

2 Likes

I had a girl who bought an Axolotl and she ripped off his head and to make it worse she dropped it on the street so it had marks all over . After she destroyed it , she came to me and demanded that I allow her to swap it for another one . I did since, I wasn’t sure what else to do but now I regret it :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:t2::disguised_face:

5 Likes

Not my problem if her parents arent paying attention lol. I wouldnt swap it out because they got what they payed for and werent careful

5 Likes

I just had my market a week ago and I had a lot of people asking if I REALY made them they were always surprised because I’m only 12 yrs old Lol

6 Likes

I got that a lot to when I was 13 too

5 Likes

Hiiiiiii! I’m a Cristian too hi my names Olivia

3 Likes