Crochet patterns

Hi so I’ve decided to start working on creating my own pattern and was wondering on any tips for creating them?
I’m quite new to creating patterns so I wanted to check if there is any do’s and dont’s so that when I put it out for testing it can be very easy to follow and fun :smile:

7 Likes

Best thing to do is look up tutorials for pattern writing.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Gain experience making different shapes. Look at different patterns to see how they’re written. Do extensive testing of your own patterns to make sure they’re written well. Nothing better than hands on experience.

4 Likes

Awesome! I will !

1 Like

What type of patterns are you wanting to write? The writing process for clothing patterns seems to be very different from amigurumi or home decor patterns.

3 Likes

My first is going to be a bag , however I have wrote a pattern for an amigurumi on some notes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My two favorite things to make bags and amigurumi!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh awesome!

2 Likes

I can’t stress this enough. Try it yourself. Although, since you know what you mean, you can still miss stuff.

Have you tested other patterns? That in itself is very helpfu.

6 Likes

I meant like, conduct tester calls etc. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

oops, ha. I stand by my reply though. :wink:

3 Likes

I have tested patterns for other people and currently in progress of making the bag so I can then have a picture of what needs to be created

4 Likes

Will be conducting calls, not sure how soon exactly but very much will be doing so!

3 Likes