crochet sunflowers (and more) on canvas

posted this on my ig but i thought i’d share it w yall here too! ok so i went back to my old school recently to pick up my art a level final work :smiley:

it’s a mixed media piece that combines crochet, origami, crepe paper and serviettes to create a total of 75 sunflowers :sunflower:

uhhh for context the theme i explored was life cycles in the context of flowers and their significance in my life!! so it starts from my parents’ wedding all the way until my final piece which is supposed to represent my hopes for the future. so yeah!

if anyone’s interested in the :sunflower: breakdown:
crochet: 45 (each sunflower is different and unique!! i didn’t repeat patterns)
crepe paper: 15
origami: 9
serviette: 6 (yes i used mos burger serviettes)

for scale the smaller canvas is like?? 50 cm in diameter and the larger one is about?? 80 cm in diameter

18 Likes

This is incredible! The way you combined different mediums and the theme itself: brilliant!

11 Likes

thank you so much for the compliment :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Omg… :heart::heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::heart: stunning… :two_hearts:

8 Likes

What a brilliant idea!! That’s so stunning!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

thank you :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

tysm :blush: :blush:

5 Likes

that is really cool and amazing! that must have took a lot of work!

8 Likes

Inspiring!

8 Likes

haha thank you! i spent many hours in the art room working on it :partying_face:

8 Likes

:blue_heart: :blue_heart:ty!!

6 Likes

Ooooffff this is awesome!!! It looks so so pretttayy :heart_eyes:🤌🏽🤌🏽

8 Likes

You could place it in a shadow box with glass to gang on the wall, maybe a domed glass one. To help protect it from the elements/dust.

8 Likes

Oh WOW, amazing!

6 Likes

omg thank you :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

yes absolutely!! don’t want all that hard work to go to waste :relaxed:

6 Likes

tysm :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Wow that’s so stunning! You did an amazing job with that - it must’ve taken you such a long time and such beautiful little details! You should frame it, keep it to remember :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

hehe thank you so much!! :pleading_face: :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Just gorgeous! :1st_place_medal:

6 Likes