crochet tapestry

Hello beautiful people on ribblr. I had a question regarding crochet tapestries, do ya’ll use hdc or sc to create them. Also if anyone creates these things reply to this post, I would love to see your work :blush:

13 Likes

it depends on what the pattern says. I’ve only ever made one (:smiling_face_with_tear:) and I used sc

4 Likes

i did it with sc

9 Likes

I’ve heard of tapestry crochet and have only done it with US single crochet

Here is a lady I learned it from, she put on a workshop for it that I went to many years ago

https://www.tapestrycrochet.com/

7 Likes

Most are sc. But fun to play with if you are making your own pattern. I have done so many over the years. These are my favorites lately, and my next on my to do list. The Eagle head (next) will be done in bernat blanket yarn, I think. :heart: Big for a bed cover.

8 Likes

wait this look so adorable :sob::sob:. Also how did you do the bottom part it looks so cool and neat.
I once tried to make a crochet tapestry and gave that up that shit after 30 frustrating minutes.

5 Likes

it’s amazing you were able to learn offline to get the full experience

3 Likes

I would love to see a crochet blanket made by you, you’re so talented :saluting_face:

4 Likes

You may like this one then. It is c2c, not tapestry, but still pretty awesome.
usblanket
I made the pattern from this picture of us taken a few years before that.

4 Likes

Hey. this is scary good if you know what i mean. :joy:
Also is C2C tougher than tapestry coz tbh C2C just sounds so daunting. :sweat:

4 Likes

C2c is different. You should try it sometime, like something small. A dishcloth would be perfect.

3 Likes

AMAZING HOW DID U DO THIS
ALSO HOW DID U DO THE BOTTOM!!?? :star_struck: its so pretty :star_struck:

2 Likes

dang thats like, REALLY GOOD

3 Likes

Previously I’ve used sc, but lately I have been working on a graphgan using the tunisian simple stitch. It’s really good for that because with tunisian crochet, the right side of the work is always facing you.

This is a sc tapestry beanie that I made:

5 Likes

aaah ok i understand. I’ll watch a tutorial or smtg to understand how C2C works.

1 Like

This is the one that helped me the most when I learned. Really fun.

3 Likes

thanks for sharing this

2 Likes

I do sc, but I use the technique in my amigurumi not so much wall hangings. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve only done one and its in sc, also doing a c2c. I think its hard to do slim lines which is what i had to do for this order, so i think i actually prefer c2c over tapestry

3 Likes

I think that C2C has a cleaner look as compared to tapestries but I prefer the overall look of the tapestry. also the C2C of the panda, are you using like weight 2 yarn ?
It must have taken you so much time and effort to make this one :sob:

1 Like