Crochet Tester Call! 💕 House Sparrow Sweater 🐦

Hello Friends!

I’m so excited to share my first clothing pattern with you, but I need your help!

Inspired by House Sparrows, I wanted to create a warm, and relaxed sweater to cozy up in. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This pattern is beginner friendly and the length of the sleeve is customizable.

Deadline is Friday December 10th @ 23:59pm (EST) (flexible)

Testers will be added to a private group chat on Ribblr to share feedback but you can also contact me via Instagram @poppysmicks if you prefer.

I would love testers who are able share picture or video content of their finished sweater and that I could feature their account on my Instagram and/or YouTube. :two_hearts:

Materials:

• 6 (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13) balls of Patons Classic Wool Worsted (weight 4, 194 yards) or substitute, (gauge for substitute 4" x 4" square of 16 double crochet stitches by 9 rows).
  • 5mm crochet hook (US = H-8, UK = 6, Japan = 8/0)

Sizing:
The sizes range from XS-5XL and is based off chest measurements (28"-62").
(If you’re size is in between, for ex. 31" I would recommend rounding up).

XS - 28"–30"
S - 32"–34"*
M - 36"–38"
L - 40"–42"
XL - 44"–46"
2XL - 48"–50"
3XL - 52"–54"
4XL - 56"–58"
5XL - 60"–62" Need testers

Please comment below if you are interested in joining the tester call and I will send you the pattern this weekend if the size isn’t taken already.

Your help would be much appreciated and I thank you for your interest!

Best,
Nadine from Poppysmicks :butterfly: :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

I would love to try 4 x

4 Likes

I would love to (size XS) ! :blush: I think I would be able to make the time frame, if not, I might need a couple extra days.
Thank you so much! It’s such an amazing and wonderful pattern :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Aww thanks so much @NoKittenAroundStudio I’d love to have you as a tester! :two_hearts: If you can’t make the deadline exactly no worries, I know the holidays busy-ness tends to sneak up!

I’m just about to have a very late dinner :sweat_smile: I will add you to the tester group tonight! :sparkles:

3 Likes

That’s great! Thank you for joining! I will add you to the tester group tonight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Hi cute sweater. I would love to test the 3x size if available.

3 Likes

It’s a lovely sweater, I wold like to test it but not sure with the size but I think XL.

If there any tips to check on that can anyone help me to do so, as this is my first time to try making a sweater.

4 Likes

Hi, you probably have everything you need, but I am more than happy to test for a 36" bust, likely a small or medium size? If you do have room, can I also ask for more details about the yarn weight and such and if you have any requirements for a specific yarn to be used? I’m quite new to Ribblr, so I’m not sure if I’m just missing some sort of link or something! I haven’t pattern tested before so I am quite understanding if you don’t want to pick someone new to it however I have been crocheting many years so I am fairly confident I can make up the cardigan by your deadline :slight_smile: I likely have some stash yarn for it depending on the weight you have used. Either way, love this design, and I hope it inspires you to continue designing clothes! <3

4 Likes

Hi! Thanks for your interest, I could use another 3XL tester. I’ll add you to the chat and gift the pattern to you today!

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks for your interest, I could use another XL tester. I will gift the pattern to you soon and add you to the tester group chat. You can ask any questions about the pattern there, we’d be happy to help you! If you prefer to ask questions over email, insta or facebook let me know!

(I will be adding visually diagrams to the pattern today too!)

3 Likes

Hi! Sorry I’m missing the sizing info, I’ll edit my main post to include the yarn info as well.

A size 36" bust would be medium and I could use another tester for that size! :smiley:

The pattern is beginner friendly so any experience level is welcome! I’ll add you to the tester group and gift you the pattern today!

4 Likes

I would be able to do the 2XL one if you are still looking.

I have been crocheting for almost 20 years.

4 Likes

Hi, that would great. Thank you for joining! :smiley: I will add you to the group chat and send the pattern!

3 Likes

I’m so excited! I love testing out new patterns for designers. :heart:

4 Likes

So glad to hear, your help is greatly appreciated! Happy stitching! :heart:

3 Likes

I can help with the 2xl size

3 Likes

I am using Stylecraft DK yarn and using 4.5mm hook.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I will add you to the group chat and send the pattern your way! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Sounds good! As long as the gauge matches you are good to go. What colour are you making your sweater in? :smiley:

4 Likes

The gauge matches and it is a light brown called mocha.

4 Likes