Crochet Tools & Resources

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Summer and I run a crochet blog! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was browsing through the community forum, and I had an idea. I was wondering if anyone would like to help me out, contribute, or tell me if its a silly idea lol. :sweat_smile:

I noticed some other fiber artists mentioning other sites and blogs that have great tools and resources for crochet. I was wondering if some of you would like to mention what website you use as a resource/tool and why?

Iā€™d like to compile a list on my blog for us to use in the future, as well as post a condensed version here on Ribblr! The list would have the link to the websites with a description about them, the Ribblr member that contributed with a link to their shop/profile, as well as why you love using it to help you with your crochet projects!

For example, I noticed @stitchedwithstardust mention Yarnsub to assist you in finding a comparable yarn to use if your yarn is discontinued. This is especially helpful if a pattern youā€™re following uses Lion Brand Yarn, considering they discontinue their yarn so quickly. :worried:

What do you think? Let me know! :wink:

11 Likes

I think itā€™s a great idea! Myself, i am just starting toys/ami so Iā€™m still figuring out who/ what but sharing what has worked for me.
I noticed that under the Amigurumi topic I had going where I was adding stuff, it got to the point it wouldnā€™t let me add anymore saying I reached 3 replies- whatever that means.

7 Likes

I think thatā€™s a phenomenal idea. Resource lists are always so appreciated and helpful! I think @anoswaldoddity also mentioned that yarnsub has a cataloge type database you can search, as well as a newsletter you can sub to that specifically highlights new and discontinued yarns!

8 Likes

Thank you! Anything you want to know, feel free to mention it here or message me if it doesnā€™t let you continue to reply. That way I can do some research and see what I can find for you as well as add it to the list. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you! Resource lists were the best thing for me when I was learning. Heck, they still help! :smiley: Iā€™ll do some more research into Yarnsub and add it to this list with its features for sure!

8 Likes

Thereā€™s a website someone told me about once with ā€œcolor scheme ideasā€ā€¦Iā€™ll see if I can find it again.
I have a master list of Crochet Groups on FB youā€™re welcome to,
and anything else I may have.
Check out my site, as I have an entire section of crochet humor memes, and a few other things.
Help yourself.

www,thewandweaver,com

9 Likes

Amazing! Thank you so much! :grin: I love a good meme, and Iā€™ll make sure to check it out!

7 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is the same one referenced, but this site is great for exploring diff color palettes and creating your own!

Coolors

7 Likes

Noā€¦but this is COOL!!!
Thanks,

It was some sort of personal business crochet related, and she put together 100ā€™s of colors with images that ā€œinspiredā€.

Poppy or Pippy or Pipsqueaky or something like that.
Iā€™ll dig thru my favorites and see where itā€™s buried.

8 Likes

Oooh that is so neat! That would be awesome! It reminds me of people who dye yarn inspired by images and the colorways always look amazing!

8 Likes

I found the name of them: color boards

This is one,
but there are several.
The one with the funny name had HUNDREDS.

Colour Mood Boards - K.A.M.E. Crochet (kamecrochet.com)

9 Likes

Can you do anything in that app without having to buy it? Is the free one pretty limited?

5 Likes

Ooh I didnā€™t even know it had an app. I only ever used the desktop version (back when I made gifs and stuff), but I think the desktop version is less limited. Not totally sure though. However there are also these sites if ever youā€™re looking for color palette inspo:

Color Hex
Color Space
Color Hunt
Color Palettes

They all offer varying levels of customization/creating your own, but tons of gorgeous to be found palettes there!

7 Likes

I have colors, i just donā€™t know to what intensity each color should show up in the blanket, and how to space it out.
So if thereā€™s any resources for that.

7 Likes

Ooooh that would be a very handy tool indeed! If I come across anything like that Iā€™ll be sure to share!

7 Likes

It wasnā€™t poppies patch was it?

4 Likes

Poppits

4 Likes