Crochet

I’m new to crocheting and I don’t know where to start or how to learn. Can you help anyone with that?

8 Likes

Hi!
I would suggest finding videos online, I think they really helped me when I was beginning :blush:
Good luck in your crocheting journey and I hope this helps :relaxed:
Have a great day :two_hearts:

6 Likes

my grand daughter went to a yarn store and took a basic class so she would understand the basics, Then she pulled up youtube videos to watch. she is “hooked” on crochet now ;).

7 Likes

:relaxed:Thank you.

6 Likes

Thank you :grin:

6 Likes

Hello! I recommend trying to find as many helpful videos as you can (I started with a video called how to crochet for absolute beginners by a YT channel called Bella Coco). There are also many helpful amigurumi/Magic Ring videos you can find depending on what you want to crochet! I’m assuming you have materials but Micheals has good yarn and some free patterns you can get too! After you learn basic stitches ribblr has plenty of free patterns that are super easy! I hope this helps a little, good luck crocheting!

5 Likes

I suggest YouTube!

5 Likes

Hi, I would REALLY suggest YouTube. Just search for “How to crochet for absolute beginners” (or something like that) and there will be LOTS, & LOTS of videos . Don’t forget that you can slow the replay down on the videos too….sometimes it may help when first learning different stitches. I did these Exact steps when I learned to crochet….but I will be happy to tell you some of the videos that I found most helpful….GOOD LUCK!! :blush::two_hearts::yarn:

7 Likes

I think, if I’m remembering right, yarnutopia on YouTube is pretty great!

3 Likes

Oo my youve come to the right place . I learnt through books which are 50 years old in 9 days lol. Can you get acess to library books basic crochet books aunt’s, Nanas,friends or even at church. Start off learning how to do a chain, slip stitch. Nowadays magic circle question what country do you live i as there might be crochet groups around.
Bella Coco YouTube, Instagram. Caro Crochet Group is a great start. Not sure if your age but you could ask your mum or if youre a mum ask your nan im here to help in any way
You Can Do This GIF by GIPHY Cares

4 Likes

Also get yourself say 3:00 mm 3 50mm and maybe a 4 00mm crochet hook. For a start.
happy birthday GIF by Phoenixpen

4 Likes

i reccomend looking up simple stitch videos on youtube (or just how to crochet for beginners) and you should find some tutorials to follow!

4 Likes

Ooh, those are small hooks​:grin: I prefer larger.

2 Likes