Crocheting for your heroes

This right there might just be the happiest moment of my life.

On April 25th, I went to see Skinny Puppy. That day I attended sound check and was able to chat with the guys for a minute or two before getting my picture taken. They were amazing and really nice!

Ogre (lead vocalist for Skinny Puppy, ohGr and other side projects, actor in Repo! The Genetic Opera and other films) has been my hero for a long time and I’ve been thinking consistently about meeting him for the past 5 years+.

He was really sweet and kind and he recognised me from the FB group :face_holding_back_tears: this really makes me want to cry!

The first time I saw this matter it instantly made me think of Ogre and I knew I wanted to make one for him. Decided to do a little radioactive symbol on the paw, as I felt this was more suited to him particularly.

In making this, I used knot magic and intention througout, it’s a piece meant to protect him and his health, and to receive love and joy.

I’m so happy that I could give him a piece of my work. That man is part of the reason I’m still alive. One of the things that was keeping me afloat these past months was knowing I was going to see Skinny Puppy.

I was told prior that I could leave my gift with the tour manager and she would get it to him.

And gods was this an awesome show! At shows you normally get to hear a few of your favorite songs and really wanna dance to those, but every. single. song. from the setlist was one of my favorite and I ended up jumping up and down and dancing super intensely the whole night. I now still have a sore neck, sore feet and legs, and a sore throat from screaming all night. But I got a guitar pick and a drum stick :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this made me so insanely happy. I was already thinking what could possibly top that? And then Matthew comes towards me to hand me the pick. 5 seconds after Justin comes towards me and I’m like nooooo. For me too??? :astonished: Woah. Insane!

Me with the guys at sound check. They were taking precautions so you only got to talk to them from behind the barricade. In order from left to right we have cEvin Key, Matthew Setzer, Justin Bennett and the one and only Ogre :black_heart:

The cool stuff

My gift for Ogre. Pattern by Bianca Berthelet (not on Ribblr)

16 Likes

I love this! :blush:🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼:sparkles:

3 Likes

I requested the heart hands. It’s an inside joke in the FB group cause one guy was getting mad at fans making heart hands after Ogre messed up Assimilate on the first night of the tour :stuck_out_tongue: from that point a few people have done this in their pictures. And. The pups are all about the love, so I wanted hearts too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Do you know if he got the gift that night?

Puppy is cute even if his color is nuclear waste green from Mario Brothers (1980 something).:laughing::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Winter this is seriously the sweetest thing. Heart bursting from reading the joy in your words. So thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and what awesome treasures were shared all around!

4 Likes

That’s incredible!! Truly awesome I’m happy that you got to share your work and joy with some of your favourite people! Proud for you!! :heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

cEvin’s wife contacted me to tell me to give it to the tour manager actually. She was collecting gifts from everyone to give to the band later. Probably not immediately after, I imagine they need to be sanitized etc.

He did see the dog. But I have no idea if he liked it or not.

3 Likes

It had to be radioactive waste colored cause Ogre’s known for his rants about nuclear power :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

I’m so glad you got this experience! And your plush is super cute

3 Likes

3 Likes

That is awesome! Congratulations!

3 Likes

ahhhh! This is amazing!!! Im so happy for you! Great experience and the puppy is so cute!!

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m still over the moon!

2 Likes