Crojo

I can feel I’m starting to lose my crochet mojo and I really don’t want too!
I’ve got a large cardigan in progress. It needs lots of sewing before I can move on.
I’ve also finished a few smaller amigurumi pieces that need stuffing and sewing aswell.
Can you recommend me anything that doesn’t require much sewing and thinking to start?
And any tips how to stop losing the crojo? Thankyou!!

9 Likes

When that happens to me I work on my temperature blanket or start making a scarf. Nothing I have to stress about or count. Sometimes that helps me. No fun feeling like you loosing your crojo!

7 Likes

I’m not doing a temperature blanket. But maybe I silly start on some scrap yarn projects
Maybe a scrap yarn blanket could be a good idea​:woman_shrugging:t3:
Thankyou for the tip

7 Likes

I do multiple crafts, so when I get tired of one I just move on to another. Right now I am elbow deep into a sweater project that I can’t put down, but it’s partially crochet and partially knit. I can put the knit part away for now since I also have some wardrobe sewing I MUST start on next week. I find that rotating crafts allows me to stay creative while not getting burned out on any one thing

9 Likes

When I feel that coming on, I ask myself if I have been getting enough sleep.
If one crochet project, I dread getting to it, it’s time to work in a project like a blanket that gives me that mellow feeling.
With some projects you can’t sustain the intense concentration.

7 Likes

I made a post with some tips in there. Feel free to have a look :black_heart:

7 Likes

I think that’s my issues. Normally I’ve got quite a few different things to work on but I’ve only got the cardigan at the moment. Maybe I need to add a couple more to the WIP pile!

4 Likes

If anything I have been getting too much sleep recently!
It’s a bit strange​:woman_facepalming:t3:
It’s just the sewing parts that I really dread and with this cardigan, because it’s a granny square design, there is a LOT of sewing involved
I think if I’d have known just how much sewing there was I would’ve chose a different pattern
It’ll be worth it at the end though - hopefully!:crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

I’m going to have a read now. Thankyou

4 Likes

If i ever get to the stage of loosing my focus on any craft i put it down and start a new one or change the craft. Its not that i cant focus i believe i just get bored and the switching triggers a fresh point. I go back to my wip eventually.

6 Likes

Oh yes. I also do weird stuff with tissue paper. I cut out shapes, and put those shapes back in with other colors, with very thin tape that I have to cut with an exacto knife, I was going for Jupiter but it didn’t turn out too well. Then we hang them on the windows.

5 Likes

That’s really cool!! Do they make the light shine in different colours?

4 Likes

I’m hoping I will go back too it as I really really want to finish it! I’ve just really lost it with crochet at the moment​:sob:

3 Likes

Yep. It’s pretty cool. And fun! And very tedious. Lol!

3 Likes

What is crojo? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The crochet mojo
Just the motivation and energy to crochet

5 Likes

Thats really unique and cool.

3 Likes

I really love this!

3 Likes

One thing I do is work on organization when I need a break. I also started a ball of yarn with my scraps by magic knotting them together for future projects. Or I hand untangle and cake stray rolls of yarn. Then I still feel like I’m being productive but also getting a break.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I have started doing! It’s making me want to get back to actually crocheting things​:raised_hands:t2:
But now I’ve started to organise them all I won’t stop till they are all done, and there’s a lot of yarn for me to sort through!!

3 Likes