Cutting dowels (flower bouquet help)

Im crocheting a flower bouquet for my grandma for christmas. I got these dowels from Joanns and they only had long ones, (the ones i got are thinner but long) I was wondering how would i go about cutting them? They are wooden, and aproximately 3/16" X 36". Thank you in advance for any help/ideas! <3

13 Likes

Hi! I would use a saw? but if you don’t have that I’d use scissors as a makeshift saw (just be really careful with that and good luck!)

5 Likes

Hi! You can use a small hand saw if you have one. Another idea would be using scissors to make the mark on the outside and bend it to break it in half, you can sand it down with a nail file.

5 Likes

For my bouquet I did what @Ngracia did. Definitely consider that option. It works very well!

2 Likes

if they’re little skewers something like pliars, flash cutters, wire cutters, etc should work!

1 Like

I buy dowels from Home Depot, less expensive, large variety of sizes, and cut them there with their saw.
I was cutting the dowels for my pegboard to hang up cakes of yarn. Cheaper and more sturdy than those metal thangs.

1 Like