Discovered how to make only 2 smart sizes! (Dual patterns)

Multiple uses:
1)What it was meant for- when you have multiple sizes of beanies or socks or something S, M, L, XL, XXL or child, youth , adult. The person selects the size from the drop-down and only the lines of the pattern meant for that size show up. Previously, no one could figure out how to only have 2 sizes: like S, L or something as the smart feature didn’t turn on until 3 options were listed. Even Ribblr stated that making it work for only 2 wasn’t really on their list.
2) I’m currently testing for a sunflower pattern from @Babycakes where there is different instructions depending on if you have one color petals, or two color petals.

In the pattern it says to scroll past an entire section that you don’t need. With this feature, the program will hide the extra sections or lines that don’t apply to your make.
This will help any pattern that has 2 or more options. Like a bunny with two different ear styles, or a whale/orka whale pattern.
3) Creating left-handed and right-handed patterns without having to have a separate pattern. I’m left handed. I actually flip my demonstration pics so that the pics match what the majority of crocheters are making. I’d like to not have to create a separate pattern for other lefties like me, so I’m going to have people select whether they want to see the left-handed “size” or right-handed one. If they don’t select, they will see double lines of the pattern with a colored tag indicating which lines are used for which pattern. Much better to select the one they want from the drop-down and only see the parts of the pattern that apply to their chosen “size”.

Ribbler has this video to explain the feature. In the video it says 3 or more options, I just figured out how to do it for 2 options. :)

Ribblr’s Smart Size tutorial

2 Likes