DIY Crochet hook handles?

@gnomehome you made this? Oh, my, goodness. It’s fantastic! Keep up the great work. Did you use a bake oven clay or something? Perhaps Pinterest could provide some inspiration? Take care, Anna

6 Likes

Well, I ended up getting irritated because I ended up squishing my beach stitch markers right before I was going to put them in the oven! So I ended up just making one that looked like a tree and did a frog and mushroom stitch marker.

7 Likes

Yes! Sorry I didn’t see this before it is oven bake clay.

5 Likes

Grrr, right?

4 Likes

I think they look amazing

Maybe you should try a floral design, pastel design, rainbow design, a watercolour design or a Galaxy design

Love the Stich markers

I should try and make some Stich markers sometime. I don’t have any and want to get some soon ( I always loose count :face_with_hand_over_mouth::yum::crazy_face::grin::laughing:)

They look soooo real

And the Pinterest rabbit hole, well I do it alllll the time

I have a long dress board mainly for formal dresses since they are pretty :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I am working on some galaxy ones as well. I have so many plain hooks lol.

And you should make some stitch markers they are fun! I got the cheap plastic ones and they were almost all brittle and they broke every time. So a lot of times I would just use a safety pin but I used a lobster clasp for these…less pokey lol.

6 Likes

yes, I made some with lobster clasps.

5 Likes

I know there are a few people on Etsy who make some really cool ergonomic ones. There’s one called the Chunky Boy that actually helps a lot with gauge.

6 Likes

This looks lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve always wanted to try working with polymer clay, but I already have so many hobbies on the go and I don’t have the room to add another. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s me too haha so If I can at least combine the two that helps my mental capacity lol. Plus clay takes up a lot less room than yarn haha!

6 Likes

I made a DIY handle to help my hand cramps from extensive crocheting with Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam, but just about any other firm foam would probably work

It’s is so pretty! I love the idea of having a unique crochet hook. I was thinking of doing that at a point for my hooks with no handle, because it hurts indeed.