Dk yarn sweaters

Hey all! I have a bunch of dk/category 4 ish yarn that I want to use for a sweater project. Do you have any favourite patterns for sweaters? Are there ways to calculate the new weights of yarn when you put 2 yarn balls together?

Thanks for your help/advice, have a good day :blush::sparkles:

2 Likes

Hi! Is the yarn you want to use the same brand, and do they still have their yarn wrappers? Also with the calculation question you would probably have to check your gauge with both of the yarns if you want to use them together, and see if they’re the same or not :+1: I would use a 5.00 mm crochet hook (H/8) and chain 10 and do some rows, maybe 10. Do this for both yarns, and measure them to see if they are the same length both edges for both of them. They should be squares, and if the measurements are the same for both of them then you are good to go to use that yarn together :blush::+1:

2 Likes

They’ve got the same wrappers, but I’ll do some little squares to make sure. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I agree that gauge swatching will help you check how similar different brands are to each other. Sometimes two yarns the ‘same weight’ work up quite differently.

As for patterns using DK, there are many. Ribblr has excellent pattern management, but the search functions are much better on Raverly. You can search patterns and filter by discipline and yarn weight.

2 Likes