Do NOT buy Premier yarn Parfait!!

Never been so disappointed with yarn. I typically really like Premier yarn. I had never tried their chenille yarns but Premier Parfait was on sale, so I gave it a shot. I was expecting quality chenille yarn, similar to Bernat, but that’s not what I got. First of all, the yarn itself was nowhere near a weight 6 yarn/super chunky as it advertised itself to be. I’d put it maybe at a 5, or even a 4. It was disappointing, but I figured I had it already so I should put it to good use. I tried making some Amigurumi with it, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to work with. The yarn is SO fragile, the fluff just kind of slides off every time you tug on it (like when you make a tighter sc), and the ends are always frayed. I’m not sure if I just got a bad batch or what, but I’ve never been this disappointed with a yarn. (2nd pic is thickness compared to Bernat blanket yarn)

10 Likes

WOW.

Complete sentence Ribblr

4 Likes

apparently they had a really bad batch a while ago but it was supposed to be sorted out by now :sob: unless they’re trying to sell all their bad stock idk. i bought some a year ago and it was perfectly fine. i did buy some a few months ago and have the same issue :face_with_diagonal_mouth: i got like 80+ rolls of it to use up before buying more yarn :frowning::weary:

5 Likes

OOF that sucks D:
I haven’t used parfait and now I am not really looking forward to trying it out

2 Likes

Premier Parfait is definitely a thinner yarn and it does fray a lot.
It can be a slight inconvenience to work with, but I still really love it and I would totally buy more if shipping wasn’t so expensive lol

3 Likes

I knew it because Le petit Saint Crochet made a video on youtube about that. She also talked about other brands.
And for European people i will add : do not buy Phil Nounours from Phildar !

Not a Chenille Yarn but an hairy one. I have 3 cats at home and they leave less hair everywhere than a single skein of that yarn :clown_face: thus, it’s sold around 4$ which is pretty expensive considering the weakness of the thread (i broke it multiple times while making a MR like Le petit Saint Crochet mentioned it for the Premier Yarn Parfait)

2 Likes

I have never used this brand. In Australia we dont get all the brands everywhere does.

But the chenille I do get does this. This has been my experience with most Chenille, You just have to work gentle with it. It took me a couple of goes when i first used it to learn how to be able to still pull tight but being gentle not to pull chuncks off it.
Chenille sheds because it is tiny fibers loosly held by twisted thread.

Thats just my experience.

5 Likes

I thought all did that ngl

1 Like

I’ve never used this particular brand, but my experience with chenille yarn in general is not positive. I dislike thicker yarns. Period. As I prefer making garments I won’t use anything thicker than regular worsted weight

4 Likes

I think I got that brand at some point, and it took me forever to make a magic ring :unamused: by the end of it I was just sitting in a pile of fluff as well :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like