Do not buy this crochet kits !

Hi everyone this post is dedicated to French people, but also if youā€™re planning to visit France or for everyone in Europe who could access Vinted.

Hereā€™s the pitch : Do not buy those crochets kits from Noz ! Some people also sells them on Vinted!

For US people Noz is one of our equivalent of a 1 dollar store but they sells things that they bought from other shops for very cheap. (I got a ban presto figurine for 10$ once)

I got two of those crochet kits by a friend and here are the problems.

• PATTERNS INSIDE IT ARENā€™T COMPLETE. AND COPIED FROM YOUR FAVORITE CROCHET INFLUENCERS (like Khuc Cay, one is even extracted from Zoomigurumi which is not free)
    AND THEY ARENā€™T WRITTEN IN REAL FRENCH.

• THE MATERIAL INSIDE IS USELESS.
    ( As i noticed that those patterns were copycats i searched for the real patterns and wanted to make them for my friendā€™s daughters, spoiler alert even with a smaller crochet than indicated, i didnā€™t have enough yarn in the kit to do it)

• THIS PRODUCT IS CLEARLY COUNTERFEIT AND PEOPLE DONā€™T MIND TO SELL IT ON VINTED FOR MONEY.
    Idk how it works in whole Europe but Vinted in France is filled with people who goes to 1 dollars stores (not only Noz), buy products and sell them 2x or 3x the original price so pay caution if you see any fluo yellow labels on products you want to buy !

And for the counterfeit: like in every country this is clearly forbidden in France too but, i worked were the brand labels their products and i also have to unsew some logos on some clothes bc they were copyrighted copies. They used to say ā€œif you donā€™t see the brand this is not a copy :wink::wink:ā€ and this is what happens with those kits. There is no brand on it itā€™s only written ā€œcrochet kitā€

Hereā€™s a pic as exemple i found on Vinted itā€™s different as mine that iā€™ll post later if you already saw it on the real creator account please let me know :heart:

Edit : hereā€™s the pingouin from my kit & the original (i forgot i took pics bc i wanted to show it to my sister)

21 Likes

Aww those kits are so cute!!

3 Likes

I agree with what you are saying. There is a company right here in my town that takes labels off one product and rebrands for another company.

4 Likes

Re-labelling - This is a common practice in clothing industry eg where t shirts or ā€˜blankā€™ generic items are boughf from wholesaler to be printed or embroidered with something. Eg fruit of the loom supply tees specially for this purpose. In this sense it is not a copyright issue however the use of patterns & designs free or otherwise without consent is absolutely an infringement of designers ip as is anything using trademark/licensed characters etc etc and omg kits without proper instructions incorrect terms , incorrect translation, missing parts to instructions or not enough yarn!!! Urrrgh i have had this almost ever time with aldi/lidl kits ! I prefer indie kits because the owner/designer has control over content and pride in their product. Best ones ive done are by lalylaland and little box of crochet xxx :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

We had this kind of this too during pandemic. A brand who was buying masks from China, and changed the box with one with a label saying " Made In France".

And karma stroke, the company is now closed bc itā€™s forbidden. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I typically donā€™t get crochet kits cuz they donā€™t really look like theyā€™re good quality :person_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

They would totally gotten me with that penguin though. Cute

1 Like

I have yet been tempted to buy many kits. Several years ago I did and wasnā€™t too impressed

1 Like

And dangā€™ I heard the Woobles kits were in the $100 dollar range?!! ( USA)